Wyze Cam v3 Pro Firmware Beta Test 11/22/2022

Got it updated after leaving it unplugged for 20 minutes.

1 Like

Updated without issues!

I am trying to do the update from an iPhone.
The iPhone is on the latest software and the Wyze app is the current version.
I also have the same problem trying to update the cameras from Android.
I have tried to update twice, it takes about 10 minutes for it to time out and say Update Failed.

I am hoping that this firmware will be released soon. I am on the 4.58.0.2905 production firmware on my V3 Pro. I cannot figure out how to enable color at night. No matter what combination I choose in the advanced settings it stays black and white at night. The original V3 turns to color when a car goes by it.
It is handy to know the color of a vehicle!

New firmware is markedly improved for your scenario (and mine!). Overall color night vision brightness has been increased. When you get this firmware update, if your “Night Vision Mode” is set to “Auto”, set your “Night Vision Conditions” to “Dark”.

3 Likes

If you are getting failed firmware updates within the Bulk Update page of the Accounts tab, try updating each cam individually thru the Device Settings, Device Info, Firmware Version option and see if that will update the cam.

I tried that, each individual cam also fails the update.

1 Like

@WyzeJimmy @WyzeJasonJ @WyzeAndy

Just tested the Cam V3Pro on iOS after seeing a report in Discord about Streaming not working. I tested on my iOS and can confirm that the issue of contunuous Live Streaming has returned for me.

Log Submitted: 815246

iOS App Version: 2.37.0.12
Firmware Version: 4.58.0.3210
Plugin Version: 2.37.8

4 Likes

I too am having the same live streaming issue.

This firmware did fix an issue where I couldn’t properly watch footage from the SD card.

2 Likes

If you are running Cam v3 Pro beta firmware 4.58.0.3210, will you please submit a log and post the log number in this thread to help the developers out?

While attempting to view a live stream, in portrait orientation, click Settings (gear icon upper right) > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > select a category (Image Quality Issues, Connectivity Issues, Camera Performance…) > Make sure “Send log files” is checked > type brief problem description > optionally attach screenshot or video screenshot > Submit

Very much appreciated! :+1:

4 Likes

Submitted
Log ID: 815318

5 Likes

thankssign

2 Likes

There is still an issue with continous recording in regular black and white vision on IOS. When you look at the videos stored on the SD card, the first 45 seconds of all 1 minute videos play just fine. Once it hits 45 seconds, the videos freeze but you can still hear the audio for the remaining 15 seconds. I tried different SD card to ensure that was not the issue. I was told by a Wyze team member a few weeks ago that this was a known issue. Is there a timetable yet on when this will be fixed?

2 Likes

@rym601,

Please post your Firmware Version #, App Version #, Cam and App Log #s, and the ticket number from your unresolved CS ticket.

Firmware: 4.58.0.3210
App: 2.37.0 (12)
Wyze Cam v3 Pro
Log IDs : 817550, 785103
Ticket: 2505200

1 Like

Anyway to downgrade firmware, night vision now looks like this.

2 Likes

my Camara is not getting the last firmware. i have 4.36.10.2864
can you help me?
Jose

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @jsanchez237

That firmware version is the last Firmware version to have been released for the V3 (not the V3Pro Beta Firmware for this thread).

It was halted earlier this month for event recording issues. We are currently awaiting an update.

2 Likes

@WyzeAndy

Today, 12/6/2022, I started receiving Person Notifications for Vehicles even when there was no People present. I decided to remove Cam Plus and add it back. In adding it back I selected All Motion for Even Recording and also added Person and Pet to the list. In Notifications, I selected Smart AI only and made sure Person and Pet were tagged in my list. Restarted the Cameras and now I get both Person and Vehicle Tagged with no Notification of person.

Log Submitted: 838953
Camera FW: 4.58.0.3210
Plugin Version: 2.38.0.18
Android App: 2.38.0 (b148)

What also happened is the Thumbnails are missing from the events as well. Here are a couple of images where things are being tagged as Vehicle even though Vehicle is not on my Selected list. In addition, it shows the missing Thumbnails:

Here are my Settings:

Event Recording Settings

Notification Settings

EDIT

Here is the Event list of the V3Pro with no Thumbnails. I really do not think it is an issue with the camera as it has been rock solid. It seems to be related to the AI process somehow.

4 Likes

@WyzeAndy

Update to the above information after further testing:

I have been working on trying to figure out what is going on with V3Pro and notifications. I now know why my images are not appearing. It seems to potentially be a bug with either the AI Process for the V3Pro or the V3Pro FW itself. It seems to want to include vehicles in all of my notifications because of the cars on my driveway, even though it is not selected. When an event is triggered and it is not one of the selected AI items it seems to tag it as a vehicle since I have cars in my driveway. But since I said not to include Vehicles the Thumbnail is not provided. I have All Motion Selected as well and the Event used to be tagged as Motion when no selected AI Events were found.

To test this theory, I turned Vehicle on in Event Recordings and left it off in Notifications. Images are now showing up with the Vehicle tag and as requested no notifications. When I turn Vehicle off in Event Recordings, it goes back to no Thumbnail, but the event is tagged as a vehicle. This caused a secondary issue: If a person is detected and a vehicle as well, but you say do not notify on Vehicle, it seems to not send any notification because of the vehicle being in the event. When you turn off the vehicle option in the event recording then you are notified of a person and since it satisfied an Event Recording AI option, you get the image as well,

So I believe the issue has to do with the AI process and the handling of selected AI options for notifications vs Event recording.

I have been able to reproduce this issue.

5 Likes