Wyze Cam V3 Pan - Failure to flash firmware

I went through this and here’s what I did that worked:

  • Everyone says the SD needs to be 32GB or below (standard for flash firmware update). I had a 64GB. I had to create a partition, but after getting it below 32 I formatted and tried again. Maybe partitioning can work.
  • I tried the 2nd most recent firmware because, as of this post, the recent one was like a 20% rollout for beta usage or something?
  • Moved the .bin file to the SD and followed the steps for flashing. Light turned purple in a few seconds.
  • Checked device info on the app to see which version I should have and it’s correct. Trying the latest update from the app afterward did not work.

Did you manage the manual upgrade for the Pan Cam v3? I have the same issue with one of my cameras. I installed it in the app, and then it froze and won’t start anymore. The LED stays solid red, and nothing happens. I tried a manual firmware update, but it’s not responding (I followed all the steps from the website). It’s not responding even to a hard reset. I want to mention again that it’s a brand new camera! Is there anything that can be done, or should I just throw it away?

Sounds like it may be a faulty cam, have it swapped under warranty. Note the factory reset sometimes takes a long time, hold the button for 30 seconds or so. But who knows, maybe the button is dead. Either way, just swap it out.

As a data point: Mine did NOT work with a 64gb SD card.

Once I used a 32gb SD card it went purple and did the thing. It’s 100% the SD card chioce in my case, in spite of the fact that it happily uses the 64gb one for recording. You MUST use the smaller one for firmware updates!!!

Yes it requires FAT32 typically (which is limited to 32GB on Windows formatting tools). You might be able to get it to work by using Rufus or another utility to format the 64GB card to FAT32, but it is easier to just use windows disk management to make a 32GB partition on the 64GB card, then format it to FAT32, which should work the same as a 32GB card. I’ve even done this with some very old stuff that required FAT16 by creating a 2GB partition on a larger SD card.