Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.0.228 Released - 12/28/20

1 of my v3s used to get stuck on 3/3 but now it just gets stuck on 1/3 after this update even though it records events…

I am having the same problems. I have a bit more data though. This happens consistently on my Android v9 phone (the image will flicker in then disappear) on Portrait mode, but is visible on Landscape mode. Though it did disappear once when I activated an Outdoor camera.

This problem does not seem to happen on a Tablet with Android 10, or a phone with Android 7 on it.

The Android 10 Tablet does have the problem with the incorrect orientation (continually rotating to the wrong, upside down, view). Locking out auto-rotate makes it usable but not right.

Also, of course the app is still not supported on Android 4.1.2.

1 Like

What memory card? Brand, model, size,

Good you have figured that out. Now apply that knowledge to the earlier V2 and Pan cams and make them work properly.

I also have the black screen problem in “camera groups”. I’m running Bluestacks on a Mac. It’s ONLY on the new V3s I just installed outside. The problem does not appear on iOS on my phone.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen does the dev team have any ideas to fix these new issues?

1 Like

This FW is a huge improvement for my v3. It was very unreliable before, mostly with the connection 3/3 issue, but other problems too. So far, I’m always able to connect. I’m very relieved.

3 Likes

Is there any way to flash back to the prior firmware without physically getting the camera down? The “black screen in group view” problem is making my setup almost useless, but the cameras are mounted in a location that’s not very easy to physically get to…

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas!

I don’t believe there’s a way to remotely flash. If you’re rolling back you’ll need to put the firmware on a micro SD to reflash

1 Like

If you have multiple cameras in group view, and able to scroll the black portion off screen, there’s an easy workaround.

Scroll if off screen then scroll back into view.

Bug (pun intended) Wyze to fix the problem.

Thanks for that! I had to add some dummy cameras into the group (The now decommissioned but still in my app V2s the V3s were replacing), and the scroll up/down trick is working.

That’ll work for now, hopefully Wyze fixes this for real quickly… Thanks again!

It recognizes my SD card but I have to go to live view and click on playback to see what the SD card is recording as I can’t go to SD card from the events tab. Also timelapse on V3 is wonky. I have to hit it several times in order to download.

The same “black screen” issue with v3 here. The middle in the pic is v3.

Nice to see Wyze rapidly expanding their offerings, too bad they have lost focus on their core product line with the v3 cameras and associated buggy updates.

Wyze might better serve their customer base by slowing down a bit and performing some quality assurance testing before pushing out new code.

Sigh.

2 Likes

For sure. The V2’s have been great. But the outdoor wifi camera is junk. The V3 shipped with huge bugs. Now Wyze has modified the Zone Detection in the V2’s so it works backwards or just doesn’t work. Unbelievable. But you get what you pay for for $25 I guess. I seriously doubt I’ll buy another Wyze product. I have 6 V2’s an Pan/Scan(That I gave away cause it was junk/buggy) and V3. Which the V3 now works after the firmware update a week ago. I had the outdoor wifi camera, total junk in 4 separate ways. Don’t spend your money on outdoor Nest cameras either. Their zone settings are junk too. I’m going to try Blink next.

My live streaming is stopped showing in app after 2 days of installation though events are being recorded and viewable. I am using PNY 32 GB SDHC cards. I was asked to add firmware to SD card’s root folder. My cam is already upgraded to latest firmware 4.36.0.228 but download link is not available for the same. I download previous version 4.36.0.125 and put it in root directory of memory card and issue is not resolved. Please advise

They used to have that capability in Beta, but they took it away. It was very helpful for those of us that mount cams in difficult to get places. I used it a lot. Sad to see it’s still gone and I have to do the “SD card dance” to revert a version.

What makes you think streaming has stopped? Is it a black screen? If so, touch that black screen.

Are you looking at the group view?

when I open wyze app and click on camera device to see live streaming, it fails to connect at step 3 (getting video data)

also, status light turns to red while connecting. After connection failure, light turn back to blue.