Wyze Cam v3 feed showing up in pink/purple tint

Has anyone else had issues with their wyze cam v3? I just got mine last night and it worked great until this afternoon. While I was positioning it outside, the feed suddenly turned pink/purple. I’ve turned night vision on and off, turned the cam on and off. Doesn’t go away. What a bummer.

Maybe the cord is extra sensitive and I ruined the cord when it bent back in the base?

image|690x388

According to this thread, it indicates a hardware failure.

Looks like the ir filter is stuck in place, whereas if the night vision is disabled, it should move to the side. Some other things to try is to use a magnet and move it around the sides of the camera to try and move the filter, and/or tap the side of the camera to see if that knocks it loose. Cycling the night vision/power cycling the camera should in most cases fix it, but issue may have more to it. If after all this, and it’s still happening, I’d say contact support, let them know everything you’ve tried before they ask you to do the same thing again and see if they have any other ideas, or if replacement is necessary.

Id recommend calling over the chat option.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I boxed my camera up yesterday but a few hours later, i decided to try it one more time. The camera was back to normal when I turned it back on, I’m still ordering a free replacement, just in case the camera is defective.

Ha!!! Well I replaced a camera for this reason, although I did put it somewhere else where this for whatever reason wasn’t a problem. The last week or so it turned a little pink in a few areas. After reading this … I gave the camera a few good whacks. That resulted in A LOT of solid hot pink. I thoughr well if a bonk on one side made it worse … let’s bonk it a few times in the other direction. I mean really … its an old camera and I’ve gotten fair use out of it and I’ve already replaced it for the more important task … I’ve got nothing to lose. Sooooo bonk bonk … and VIOLA!!! no pink at all. Perfect picture … so I can resume watching for my dog come to the door wanting back in without the irritating 1980’s music video effect.

I would also add that it still works in IR mode … shrug … that never was effected.

2 Likes

Something is gumming up the IR Lens Filter travel and not letting it slide properly when engaging or disengaging over the lens. Sounds like you broke the gremlin free though.

Does anyone have pictures of what the IR filter looks like inside the camera. I’ve taken a V3 apart before and didn’t seen a moveable IR filter in there. I have one that is now showing a pink tint and tapping the camera around didn’t fix it. So I may end up having to open it up.

UPDATE: I tapped the camera top a bit harder and then it had less of the pink tint. So I used a magnet on the top and it removed the rest of the pink. But there has to be a way to keep it from sticking in the first place.

1 Like