Wyze cam v2 won't talk to Wyze Car

Omgistony, yes the battery is charged and supplying power … it can power the camera via the short micro-USB power cord that comes with the power bank (LonnieM’s photo).

It does not work when connected like in Seapup’s photo.

I have a USB A-A cable and USB tester ordered from Amazon for delivery tonight … when they show up I’ll be able to confirm if my camera is receiving power via USB-A and if the car is supplying power via the front connector.

Just got the USB A-A cable and tester:

looks like the camera will take it’s power from the USB-A port :slight_smile:

I viewed it’s video from the Wyze app – seems to work fine this way.

However with the Car plugged into that jack in the Power Bank, the camera connector is not supplying any power:

So it looks like the car is defective, or at least needs to be reset somehow (for which I read there was nothing to reset). I noticed when I plug the car into the Power Bank I get a momentary flash (e.g. 1/10 sec) of the headlight only, then nothing.

If anyone knows of a way to reset the car I’m all ears. Otherwise I’ll be calling Wyze Support in the morning to see what they can do.

– John

1 Like

Got a hold of Wyze Support this morning … they said they will exchange the unit (Car).

– John

2 Likes

So I figured no risk to take the car apart now … turns out it was one of the things I had suspected (hoped for) … simply a solder connection not made properly … the pink +5v wire was not connected:

5 minutes later using my trusty Weller and I had a working car.

… and the pets had a new nemesis in the house …

Vehicle operation and movement is a bit quirky, the components look cheap enough that I’m not surprised … I will see if the replacement car fares any better.

1 Like