Wyze Cam(v2 & Pan) firmware Beta Test 10/29/2020

Mine is working properly again as well.

Thanks all

1 Like

more than likely they are working with the servers still from the two issues in the last week or so that were experienced. they might have adjusted some code and pulled them offline in small increments, but that is only my guess. usually they announce when they do things like that though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been thinking they were working on something and , I think they do it more often than we think and they donā€™t say anything about it

2 Likes

Itā€™s raining today and for two hours straight I was getting motion clips every 5 min like clockwork.

Example:

I blacked out everywhere the green tracking box extended into with an extra line of blacked out boxes on each side to be safe and the false alerts have been greatly reduced.

On a personal note this and the example below is why I prefer PIR detection despite the range limits. Having to re-adjust the detection zone whenever there is a a significant change in weather such as rain or wind is not convienient. I have the outdoor camera overlooking the same area as well as the sense PIR near this V2 that triggers V2 clips in tandem with the motion clips from the the V2 itself and they very rarely generate a false event regardless of weather.

how do I upgrade the firmware to the beta? My app is not offering this.

Search for beta in the forums the top two are how to set it up if Iā€™m not mistaken. You have to download TestFlight then click a certain link but understand beta often has issues and weird things so donā€™t do what I did and update 10+ cams to the beta firmware

1 Like

If youā€™re on a mobile device when youā€™re in the forms Up on the top left thereā€™s a tab community Open that tab select beta program thatā€™s the easy way

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.