Wyze Cam v2 and Pan Firmware 4.X.7.798 Releasing - 7/21/21

I wish, lol. Not so much that I would be dead, but my family would be taken care of. :wink:

With a weird boat to boot. :rofl:

1 Like

If they want to give you a bunch of new cameras, I’d take them up on that… the v2s have an image sensor that starts to fail after a couple of years, and the image gets grainy and pixelated… now, if they want you to buy all new cameras, that’s a different story.

Replacing all my V2 and Pan cameras won’t fix the pink flash issue, because it’s software issue that Wyze doesn’t seem to want to address.

I have no such problems with my v2s. The IR cut filter retracts on powerup, but it’s not a problem.

1 Like

I have 2 V2s currently online with recent firmware (4.9.7.798 and it’s predecessor 4.9.6.241) and neither exhibit a ‘pink flash’ when turning them on & off via the More menu. I do hear the IR filter clicking. I tried multiple times last night and this morning. Maybe you just have bad cameras?

1 Like

Hmmm… did you purchase them all around the same time? It is possible there was a bad production run of them. There have been other anomalies with cameras from certain time periods…

I purchased all of mine (Cam Pans) between February-September 2019. The only major issue I’ve had was loss of motion-based event recording using firmwares beyond v4.10.3.40. This current firmware seems to work just fine.

I’d let Wyze replace them all if they’re offering. Otherwise, I agree, total deal-breaker if you are expected to purchase more.

My cameras were purchased at different times, so they aren’t from the same batch. I find it very suspicious that over a dozen cameras would all be experiencing the same issue. One thing I have noticed though is that the pink flash occurs most often when the room light level is very low. But as I’ve said before, theses cameras never used to have this problem.

Definitely weird… :thinking:

Wondering if you have any unusual EMF or other emissions/wavelengths ambient? Irregular utility voltage?

Beyond that it almost sounds like you might’ve been hacked… :man_shrugging:t2:

The cameras are all over my house and nothing has changed in several years. This happened after a firmware upgrade but I can’t remember which one, others here have had the same issue and were able to revert back to an older firmware and the problem was then gone. So clearly it’s a software issue. I can’t figure out how to revert back the firmware easily or I would do that. But I shouldn’t have to do this, Wyze just needs to at least acknowledge that is a problem and then find a fix. Their no response makes me feel they are trying to push us into replacing all our cameras with V3’s.

Yeah, There are definitely trails of inconsistent odd behaviors all across these forums. Sorry you’ve got a humdinger there… :expressionless:

I wonder if it stems from the whole dimmed playback issue once they switched to the 64-bit codebase.

Do you ever get IR feedback from dust on the oculus? I know the v2 run 850nm and Pans are 940nm (tactical). 850nm IR is known to emit a faint red glow. Wonder if something’s funky w/your IR emitters.

I’d totally let Wyze replace all or your cams just to say you did.

pink flash issue - usu the IR filter getting stuck and not retracting completely. Then the camera adjusts to the new light level and may get a flare as well.

there’s a hazy, smokey hue and the image isn’t as clear. Believe there is outgassing from the glue used in assembly. There are a few youtube video on how to disassemble and clean.

2 Likes

Does this firmware fix the audio delay of the Wyze cam v2?

Just chiming in here to say this firmware update still doesn’t fix the pink flash / click detection at camera startup that has been going on for the last 2 firmware releases. Get with the program Wyze!!
Like Resist, I’m sick of complaining about this. It’s a super easy fix, and I shouldn’t have to keep rolling back to old firmware just because your support team is too ******* incompetent to fix such a basic issue!

Clearly Wyze hired terrible programmers or their bosses won’t let them spend the time to fix the bugs, because they’re pushing new products instead. Seems like the founders at Wyze just want to increase revenue so they can sell the company.

1 Like

You finally figured this out? The rest of us have know this for a long time. These products are mostly toys, not serious home security products.

Toys aren’t supposed to annoy you to death though, they’re supposed to make you happy. This isn’t making me happy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It doesn’t. I have random audio delay still.

solid yellow light. will not reset by itself, or with the sd card.
wyze cam v2
MAC 2C:AA:8E:86:29:C9
i looked for a stock firmware version, but most searches lead to firmware for the android app, not the camera. even if they did, the reset process is not working. i would appreciate your help as soon as possible, as i need to get this camera up and running, as i need it to get people vandalizing property.
i do not prefer one solution over another, aside from whichever solves the problem faster.
thank you for your time and consideration in this matter

Hi John @167294jc and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Am I correct? You have an Android phone with Wyze Application 2.24.23 (September 1, 2021)
and the camera’s firmware was updated to 4.9.7.798.

Now you have a solid yellow light and reset doesn’t work.
Suggest you try download the older f/w to 4.9.6.241 (March 9, 2021) and manual flashing the camera.

(https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-firmware-manually)

2 Likes
  • I did not install this update. I’ll wait for the next version.
  • It installed and everything works.
  • It installed but I had to revert.
  • It bricked my cam and I can’t revert.
  • I have a v2.
  • I have a Pan.

0 voters