Wyze Cam Pan – Shuts Off After Plugged In

I tried to flash the latest firmware after not using the cam for about 8 months.

Now when I go to plug the camera in and set it up for the first time in 8 months… it shuts off after about 5 seconds. It powers on with a Yellow light, then turns off within seconds. No chance of setup or anything.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Now with the SD card placed back in, it is lighting up half yellow half blue and keeps going.

Can someone take a screenshot of how their SD card root folder/file should look like?

Do we just put the one file called demo.bin in there or unzip all the folders/files onto the SD?

My SD card looks like this;

Does this look right to you guys?

Bump. Anyone?

Your SD card technically should not be necessary for the cam to start up. If you are having troubles I would suggest that you try this to format your card in a PC using a deep or full format. SD Card Association Memory Card Formatter , then Flash New Firmware. That should put you back in action unless you have developed some kind of hardware issue.
If that doesn’t work, try a Factory Reset followed by the above process to get the latest firmware back.
Post back and let us know if that helps.

1 Like

It worked when I used my PC vs Phone to format the SD card. Thank you so much @tomp

1 Like