Wyze cam pan all of a sudden totally stopped working

Hello i was setting up my wise cam pan that had been givin to me by a friend that ended up never using it was still in original packaging so i got it all pulled out n set up and i was all the way through the setup process push the button on cam scan the on phone with camera then wait for it to finish all good as it went to the home screen there was a popup that said latest firmware update so i hit the button that was in that box pretty sure it said update and everything still all good it started to update and got to around 70 or 75% complete i believe it was if my memory serves me correctly and then it was like the unit totally lost power no sound no movement no indication light nothing the app on my phone that I was using had a pop up that i cant exactly rem what it said maby having connection issues and to try to power cycle unit to try fix the issues but i havent been able to get it to do anything since so i was hoping that someone could shed a little light on the situation for me cause i have not the slightest and haven been able to find that someone else having the same issues thanks in advance Cowboy

keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community if you don’t get a helpful reply here please file a support request depending on the nature of the problem rather than use the previous website link it is helpful to submit an app log and or a firmware log

1 Like

Wow, is that paragraph one sentence, lol? Sure makes it hard to read!

I’m guessing the unit never completed its firmware update, and is now bricked. You should be able to fix that though, if you have a microSD card.

First, go here and download the most recent Cam Pan Firmware:

That should give you a demo.bin file. If it gives you a .zip file then unzip it. If you end up with a .bin file that is named anything other than demo.bin, rename it.

Put that demo.bin file on the SD card in the root directory.

Power off your camera, insert the SD card.

Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds.

Once the light is solid blue, release the button and wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.

After it is done, your camera should be functioning again.

3 Likes