Wyze Cam Outdoor Settings help/detection issue

My car was broken into and my camera didnt catch anything…

I cant seem to get thus damn thing to get setup correctly to capture stuff.

This is the PIR

My car is the white suv on the right. It won’t even pick up vehicles near mine at the moment. If you can see the dumpsters above my vehicle it iddnt even aleert me to them when they brought them over.

Its set to 35 distance, 100 sensitivity.

No codown and 5 minute videos. And Motion detection is on with all AI options enabled.

Can someone help me setup this stupid thing to record all activity near the vehicles?

Any reason it is set to 35 for distance?

2 Likes

Nope no reason specifically, what recommendation would you have?

I’m just thinking if it isn’t detecting at that range, try increasing it. Go to 100 and see what happens. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I lowered the camera down about 5 to 7 feet lower, and adjusted the PIR and set it to 100 on distance.

1 Like

If the face of the cam is looking straight ahead it won’t work well with motion coming straight at or away from the camera, it captures motion best when it is side to side. Move the face of the camera a little left or right depending on where you park. If you park in the current spot all the time I would move the face of the cam to the right as red line shows. The PIR zone is quite wide so move a few degrees left or right as per the red and green lines I show. Here is one of cams, red line is direction face of cam is pointing.
SET EVERYTHING AT 100

3 Likes

@spikedzombies - I agree with @Antonius on this. Try turning your camera so that it is not offset. Mine, which monitors my side yard is angled and picks up animals and people alike.

Raising the distance, as @Newshound recommended, helps as well. Mine is set to 100 for distance and 100 for sensitivity. I then blocked out the tree’s.

1 Like

Same cam as I posted above, This black car was at 55 feet, captured coming and going, this vid is going.

2 Likes

My other post shows how its positioned now, the only way to get into camera view os by coming from eother the left or right side kf the vehicles.

Im not worried about the far distance fene area.

Setting at 100 should help out. I hate to ask but your cam appears to be outside, is that correct? The WCO cams don’t detect anything through a glass window. Had to ask :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol yes its outside attached to the patio

Spend 15 bucks and get a SD 32 GB card…set to full time recording at 1080 and it will record for 2 days and then rewrite over itself. Also if you lose your Wi-Fi it will continue to record however until WiFi is back u will not be able to access it! Good luck

Wyze Cam Outdoor does not have the option to record continuously to SD. You can set the cam to “Scheduled Recording”, but then you lose other features important for the OP’s use case.

1 Like

Seapup…not sure what you mean by OP…Tia

Also what features do u lose …tia

Original Poster

The best of both: You need to use Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite to get the cloud event recordings and push notifications. You can not back up the event videos to the base with Cam Plus but it does work with Cam Plus Lite. You can do Scheduled event recording to the SD card in the camera while using cam plus and cam plus lite. Ever since about Feb.2021 I was no longer able to download the cloud event videos and save them on my iOS device so I cancelled Cam Plus. I am able to download the 12 second event videos with CP Lite. If doing scheduled event recording, motion only I can also down load the videos that are on the camera SD card from the camera Album. It is kind a of pain because you have to download the videos to your phone/device to view via the app, or just take the SD out and view on a PC. If you are brave you can set your WCO to scheduled recording to the SD in the cam for continuous but you will have a 100% dead battery in 6-8 hours.
I prefer using CP lite (Free) and scheduled event motion only recording on my cams at the same time. Set the cam for 30 days, motion only, each video duration to 2 min each. no cooldown period. This does require more battery charging in a busy area but not to bad, 5-6 weeks.
If you do scheduled event recordings and turn detects motion off under the cam event recording setting (Cloud Recording) the cam will still record to the SD, but you will not get push notifications.

1 Like

Get a solar panel, battery will never die even at 1 min cooldown in a high activity area.

I guess I should explain what I have… I have Cam plus on all my cameras along with SD card… However my cam plus did miss an event…
I was able to see it using the SD card… It was actually picked up first by a nest camera that I have as back up … I don’t understand why the cam plus didn’t pick it up

The WCO doesn’t support continuous recording… are you sure your not using the wired v3 cam?