Wyze Cam Outdoor Settings help/detection issue

Mine are all wired and they are v2 pan cam and v3 outdoor ….it was the outdoor v3 that missed an event.Are you saying there is a conflict when using the SD card and CamPlus?
Tia

Please follow these product links for comparison and indicate which cam type you have a problem with:

Wyze Cam v3

or

Wyze Cam Outdoor

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

I don’t know what settings to correct. (The camera is on the solar panel and keeps a 100% charge and we have the subscription.) My outdoor camera makes its own decisions regarding what to record or not. I have it in a driveway where Airbnbers park. Sometimes it works like it’s set up to work - records the car arriving and records the guests getting out of the car and walking away. And then the reverse. Sometimes though, a car can arrive and guests exit the car and the camera never turns on. In fact, today, it has only recorded a single event, though there’s been lots of coming and goings and folks walking up and down the driveway. It has never ‘detected’ a package. It’s these lapses that keep me from expanding the outdoor camera array.

Don’t know what to tell u other than contact tech support…they will walk u through the process…good luck

Set Far at 100
Set Sensitivity of camera at 100
Make sure the area you are viewing is in the Green PIR zone (Bottom half below the red line I drew)
Try to set the camera so the motion is crossing the PIR at a slight angle right to left or left to right. The face of the camera on picture below is facing in the direction of the yellow line. My WCO cams will only detect people up to about 26-28 feet, Large Vehicles at 55 feet including some regular sized cars.
cars. The last picture show I have a detection zone set (The top darkened part of the picture) trying to stop the cam from recording the top the the tree dancing in the wind.

1 Like

@Lugh If I was using a camera for the same use you are I would get a plug in V3 camera if there is power available and set it up to record 24/7 to a 128GB SD card along with your Cam Plus Cloud recordings. I have three V3 cams at my important location. This one has watching/recording the street and driveway 24/7 since February 2021.It doesn’t miss anything, in fact it records to many events. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the best thing is to call tech support and explain how you are using the camera and then they can tell u your best way to go…first generation outdoor camera was a bust…I had one and wasn’t very happy so I threw it out.
V3 AC power outdoor I love…
If u get the 32GB card u can record 24/7 at 1080 for two days and then it rewrites over itself …if u select events using the SD card it may take two months until it fills the card however I don’t know how it interacts with cam plus…I had a conflict but never called tech support so it may have been an anomaly.
Two days 1080 is enough for me and I also have cam plus events…
Good luck

The 4 Battery Powered Outdoor Cams I installed in October 2020 are still working and working good. I only had to move them six times until I got everything just right in regards to detection and recording.

I have 3 v1 WCO and 1 v2 WCO. Never had any real issues.

Also, I don’t recommend bothering support for this, as their job is to fix issues, not recommend cameras. That’s what this forum is for.