Wyze Cam Outdoor cameras - constantly offline

Hello, I have a total of 8 Wyze Cam cameras throughout the house. I have noticed that while the other cameras work perfectly, my Wyze Cam Outdoor cameras (even the one’s indoors) are constantly offline. Has this happened to other folks too? Is there a way around it? I have powered the cameras off and on but that does not solve the issue with these cameras. Thanks

5 Likes

I have never had on go off line unless I turned it off while charging it. Does the battery have a good charge and signal to the base?

The camera I have outside is hardwired. The cameras are fairly new so I don’t think it’s a batter issue.

1 Like

You have the outdoors cams wired, not a good idea!!! :open_mouth:

wired = electrical. Since the plug point is close, I decided to plug in the camera so I don’t have to worry about getting on a ladder to bring the camera in for charging.

1 Like

I don’t think that should make a difference.

Good way to ruin the cam. They are not supposed to be hard wired. If you want an outdoor cam that is wired order a V3.

Same problem here. All of my other cameras work perfectly fine. But the outdoor cam was disconnecting so frequently that I finally just took it down and stopped using it. The base station was only around 15 feet away and it would still just disconnect, even though it showed full signal strength. Turned into more headaches than it was worth. Thankfully I only had one of them.

6 Likes

I don’t think having the camera hardwired has anything to do with it going offline constantly. I think it’s a software flaw. My other (Wyze) cameras don’t keep going offline.

1 Like

Ok with me it’s your cam, do what you want but it was not designed to be plugged into constant power. :roll_eyes:
Is the cam connected to a GOOD Constant 2,4GHZ network. I have had zero connection problems with my 4 cams connected at (1) 50 feet away through 4 walls, (2) 40 feet away going through 3 walls one of which has an electrical panel, (3) 35 feet away through 3 walls and (4) 28 Feet away through 2 walls.
Motorola cable modem 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ, / AC 1900 router. All connected to the 2.4 network.

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037539752-Battery-Life-and-Charging

My 4 outdoor cameras are constantly dropping offline, too. So much so that I have the base plugged into a Wyze Plug so I can restart it easily. Good Wi-fi signal to the base and all cameras… they just stop working at least once or twice a week. The only thing that makes them work again is restarting the base. I’ve liked most of my Wyze products, but I’m very unimpressed with the outdoor cameras.

6 Likes

Mine was even worse. I would have to restart the base station, then walk outside to power cycle the actual camera. This was happening sometimes multiple times a day. Next to the wyze contact sensors, this was my most disappointing purchase from wyze. Definitely wouldn’t recommend this particular camera to others based on my own personal experience.

4 Likes

Prime example: I restarted the base this morning because none of them would connect. As soon as the base restarted, they all worked fine and had 2 or 3 bars of signal. It’s not even noon yet and I’m already having to reboot the base again. I just moved to these from eufy because I thought those were junk - but at least they worked.

2 Likes

Did anyone submit a ticket or ask the people at Wyze support for any help? Get a reply?

Multiple with log files included months ago… No reply.

2 Likes

Same issue with outdoor cams. Abandoned them for Ring Cams. Work flawlessly, no drops.

4 Likes

I ended up taking them all down and put my eufy cameras back up. No point in having outdoor cameras that don’t work consistently.

4 Likes

I have the base connected to my ethernet switch & camera that came with kit. Both work fine & are always connected & online.

Today I added a 2nd outdoor cam to the base & it won’t stay online for more than 10 minutes.

Chris

1 Like

My Outdoor Cam routinely “says” Offline, but when I open it in the App, it pops up, shows me the real-time view and still sends me notifications, too.

At least it works, but I’d rather it also show the correct status. Anyone?

3 Likes

Same issue here so I reached out via email to Wyze to inform/ask for possible resolution. Rather promptly I received a reply with series of steps and now happy to report it rectified the offline issue!
BTW, regarding ‘power cycle your Wyze Cam Outdoor’ portion, the first time didn’t work so I tried again however leaving the unit powered off longer and it worked like a charm!
Here you are, good luck!

From Wyze wizards team:

1. Check your app is up to date (https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware).
  2. Please try to log out, force close the app, reboot the phone, and log back in.

If this still doesn’t resolve your issue, please power cycle your camera.
To power cycle your Wyze Cam Outdoor:

1. On the back of the camera, flip the power switch to the Off position.
  2. If connected to a power source, unplug the cord from the camera.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Flip the camera’s power switch back to the On position