Wyze Cam Outdoor cameras - constantly offline

Same issue here 6 cams ok/1 outdoor is the only one showing offline. I reached out via email to Wyze to inform/ask for possible resolution. Rather promptly I received a reply with series of steps and now happy to report it rectified the offline issue!
BTW, regarding ‘power cycle your Wyze Cam Outdoor’ portion, the first time didn’t work so I tried again however leaving the unit powered off longer and it worked like a charm!
Here you are, good luck!

From Wyze wizards team:

1. Check your app is up to date (https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware).
  2. Please try to log out, force close the app, reboot the phone, and log back in.

If this still doesn’t resolve your issue, please power cycle your camera.
To power cycle your Wyze Cam Outdoor:

1. On the back of the camera, flip the power switch to the Off position.
  2. If connected to a power source, unplug the cord from the camera.
  3. Wait 30 seconds. (my 2nd try I waited longer & offline issue resolved)
  4. Flip the camera’s power switch back to the On position
1 Like

I encountered the offline issue for the first time in about 6 months. The cowboy hat did an admirable job of protecting the camera during blizzard conditions which lasted about 30 hours. Part of me wonders if extreme weather precipitates the Offline display even though the cameras otherwise working normally.

Unfortunately, I jumped in for 6 before realizing mistake. Now they sit in the corner in a box along with 3 wyzecam v2’s that no longer connect. I guess I learn the hard way.

1 Like

Due to a recent blizzard which made reaching my Outdoor cam rather impractical, to attempt to power it Off, I ignored the “offline” status for a few days. And the offline problem went away by itself with no intervention. I don’t think any firmware updates occurred during those days. It’s working perfectly well. It worked fine even when the offline status appeared on the app.

My Wyze Cam Outdoor units constantly fall offline. Signal strength to all cams and the base are at the strongest.

I’ve tried the power cycle route. Only stays online for a day (at best).

I have to literally get a ladder out and climb up to my roof to power cycle. Doing this every other day is POINTLESS.

I’ve sent ticket help request several times, no responses over several days. Crickets.

I’m getting the feeling Wyze does NOT care.

I’m about to return these 3 outdoor cams and the Cam+ annual subscriptions I bought for them.

For a week or so, my outdoor cam was displaying Offline in the app but it was still working okay. Video clips were being recorded and I could view the live feed. When the app displays Offline, is your outdoor cam still recording events and displaying the live feed when you select it? And how has the weather been?

The weather has been fine.

It’s not capturing any motion or persons. Shows offline in the app as well.

I have to physically turn them off (power cycle), and then back on.

They go offline several hours or a day later.

1 Like

It might be a waste of time, but consider finding the router manufacturer’s support forum and search it for your model number to see if other users of the same model report problems with the 2.4 ghz channel or cameras in general. Maybe it was Asus routers that someone said have an Airtime Fairness option which should be disabled. I’ve had 3 routers in the past year and one of them proved to have issues on the 2.4 ghz channel.

So I just checked. And it looks like even though the cameras are showing offline in the app, with the cloud with line through it. They are showing strongest signal connection to base.

I just went outside and it detected me (person) and my motion.

Now showing back online in the app

Is it possible that because it is not detecting things all the time, or fairly frequently, that they are going into “sleep mode” of some sort until a detection is picked up?

I haven’t run across anything about a sleep mode. In another thread someone talks about interference with a garage door opener. I tend to think WiFi or electrical interference can cause weird issues periodically. I’ve always had to reboot a cable modem and separate WiFi router about once a week for one reason or another. Maybe every 2 weeks or so I turn Off the cameras for a couple minutes.

All four of my outdoor cameras are suddenly showing as “offline.” First time I have has this problem. When I turn off individual cameras and back on it says connection failed, Not having WIFI issues with other devices. Turned base unit off and on, but did not help. Is this a widespread problem? Looking for advice. Thanks.

I think Wyze considers thst a feature

But can you view live video despite the Offline status being displayed in the app? About a month ago I had an outdoor camera that displayed offline but it was working fine as regards live video or creating clips based on motion. Consider rebooting the modem and router even if other devices appear to be working.

just bought 4 outdoor cam and base station two weeks ago. two of my cams keeps loosing connection. i have to dismount or turn cam to access the switch and turn off. then i have to go through the routine of adjusting position because of my specific PIR. this is getting to be a real hassle …

do i need to have a second base station or am i even allowed to have two in one app account?

4 cams per Base station. What does the wi-fi signal look like at the location of the two cameras that don’t stay connected? I have 4 cams and they all have a full 3 bar signal. Is your base connected via ethernet or wi-fi ?

What I have noticed…

This issue comes up when the outdoor cam does not pick up any type of movement or detection alerts. It’s like the camera “goes to sleep” in the app. It’s only when you go outside and it detects a person or movement it “wakes back up” in the app.

The outdoor cams are still working. You just seem them as disconnected in the app.

If you don’t feel like going outside and doing a funny dance in front of all cams when it happens…close out of your app, then just unplug the base station for 30 seconds. Then plug it back in. Wait a few minutes and then go back into the app.

Your bigger problem is going to be battery life. Even with Cam Plus, in SD mode, cool down at 5 minutes, and 12 second recording (and less than 2 events per day), you’ll need to recharge your cameras about every 3 weeks

1 Like

okay ill try it. hope this does not happen alot.

thank you

Yes. It will happen quite frequently.

The cameras are still working though. And capturing recordings when it detects activity.

Two and three bars. I thought that’s a little weak so maybe I should get a second one?

Base is connected via cat6

3 bars is the most you can get.