Wyze Cam Outdoor 4.17.1.001, Base Station 4.16.0.200, and Wyze Headphones 2.1.112 Released - 1/5/21

So as I now understand it, to take advantage of this release’s ‘motion-only scheduled local recordings’ I need to put an SD card in the WCO? My next question, which I will research first, is what is ‘motion-only scheduled local recordings’, LOL. Thanks.

After messing with this a bit, it looks like it’s not exactly what I was hoping for. Not as useful as I had hopped. Basically, you can create a scheduled recording… say today, at 5PM, for 2 hours. And record only motions events during this 2 hour time. (Rather then recording for the full 2 hours.)

I thought it was going to be more of a “daily, between hours of X and X, record motion events.”

See screenshots below:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this–it’s also what I figured based on the name. I don’t have an SD card I can easily spare at the moment so I cannot do this but I’ve ordered some and will be able to experiment in the next day or so.

This is better than nothing but it is not as good as continuous recording because the WCO takes almost a second to start recording once motion is detected and of course there is no 5 second pre-video. Because of the recording field I have seen many motions that are missed (or only the tail end shown) in the videos.

I would be happy to to have a WyzeCam capability even if this shortens the battery life (not sure how long, but 12 hours would be great). Maybe I’ll set up something that is continuously moving next to the camera with this new feature to find out exactly how long the battery will last–you don’t even have to run it till the batter drains as long as the battery level reported is accurate and constant. That is assuming that the WCO doesn’t lock up.

I haven’t tried it with the newest firmware date in travel mode but I think that is the eventual plan for this new feature.

Thank you @UserCustomerGwen! :slight_smile:

Firmware is released for Wyze Cam Outdoor (4.17.1.001 and 4.16.0.200 for the Base Station)

Will it be uploaded to https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware as well?

1 Like

It is now! Sorry for the delay. The person that uploads those files so I can toss them into the Release Notes was out of town during the launch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! :slight_smile:

AaronR that is a good synopsis. It is nice to see this firmware update gives Travel Mode options to allow many different recording time/cooldown options, but the need to program and then review the one schedule allowed every time is not what I was hoping for. A repeated daily schedule option would be much better. I bought this camera primarily for the hotel monitoring travel option. The best advantage of this camera is the built in battery which allows it to be placed in higher hotel room locations without power. Hopefully another firmware upgrade will address this issue for our “Traveler” cameras. I see a tech reviewer on Youtube that gives Wyze products a pretty fair shake has come up with another travel option I like here: Wyze Cam Public Hotel WiFi Setup Update Using Mini Travel Router - GL-AR150 - YouTube