Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

The OGT has the fixed telephoto lense. Here are the lens specs from the OG product page.

6 Likes

Don’t see these listed in the Canadian store yet!
Any hope of downloading clips from the SD card? If I need to save a security video, I have to climb a ladder and temporarily remove/replace the card!

3 Likes

Canada launch will be in a few weeks.

As far as micro SD card recordings they would be retrieved the same was as the current cameras.

3 Likes

Like everything else, we see things way later.

Just like with all Wyze cams capable of recording to SD card, you should be. No need to climb a ladder unless you want to view SD contents on a PC.

3 Likes

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hoping for just a few weeks, we did not quite have everything ready to launch at the same time as we did last week with the Wyze Cam Pan v3.

2 Likes

Your help is still appreciated.

2 Likes

The everything else wasn’t directed to Wyze only :wink:

1 Like

Well, I am glad to know we aren’t the only ones that are slow to Canada, but we all need to speed up and support it sooner than we do.

3 Likes

Still not giving us rtsp.

3 Likes

I think the snow makes it hard to ship things :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

No, RTSP is not available currently I am sorry.

1 Like

I won’t let them use that excuse, I know some of the USA gets snow. :rofl:

How do you do that? I don’t see an option to download a clip to my phone.
And Wyze says not an option….

1 Like

Looking forward to the launch.

Might it be a future app feature to save video clips from the SD card without removing it?

1 Like

The app is not out yet, not sure what are you looking at?

1 Like

I just spoke with someone from customer service since the product page didn’t really have info on power. So they said the camera has to be always plugged in. This is marketed as an outside cam for the most part it being weather resistant etc but why wouldn’t you make it like the outdoor cam where you can charge it instead of having to run wire if you are planning on mounting on each corner of your home on the outside? You even have a picture of one mounted on a fence…

2 Likes

Is the base magnetic?

2 Likes

No, it has a swivel mount that can be screwed into it’s mounting location. Or use a command strip style foam tape to mount the base to a location since the camera itself is fairly light. @WyzeDongsheng just mentioned this method during the launch stream.

3 Likes

This has been asked about, I know many would love that feature.