Wyze Cam keeps turning off

I have 4 Wyze cams 2 for about a year and bought 2 more yesterday.

I now have 3 working perfectly and the 4th keeps turning off and takes a long period to come back on sometimes must close app to get it to come back on.

I’ve tried to reinstall many times and downloaded the updates and still have same issue. It is further only 8 feet from wifi router.

I use I-phone

1 Like

Hi @oe542 and welcome to the community!
How long does the cam stay on before it turns off? How long to re-connect?
Have you tried swapping w/another Cam’s location? Interference from nerby device?

I had a trouble like that when upgrading and it seem to work but kept reseting and ended up having to Manually Reload the firmware.

2 Likes

I’ve tried the cam in an area of another working cam and received the same issues.

The cam stays on anywhere from 5 seconds to almost 1 min. Then it takes generally all 3 attempts to restart. Most times i have to exit app to get it restarted

I reloaded the upgrade today but problem still exist

1 Like

Have you tried the Firmware Manual Update
using a uSD card with the Latest Release Firmware.

Think that is the only way out of the boot-loop problem. The camera probably had a hickup during the last update process was left in an undetermined state.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

Is the cam actually restarting? Or by “off” do you mean having issues with a stable connection to the app?

When I hear “off” I think powered off, but your above statement makes it sound like the app is trying to make a stable connection (1/3, 2/3, 3/3, 3 connection attempts) as you didn’t say you are getting immediate code 90s or similar.

3 Likes

The cam tries to restart by going through the 3 attempts and either connects or fails to connect.

Then I have to close it out and restart the app.

The cam goes from blue light to yellow while it tries to restart.

1 Like

I don’t have a sd card to load the software.

If I get one what’s the process?

1 Like

What firmware version is on this camera and which camera is it v2, Cam Pan, outdoor?

FW 4.9.6.1.91, 4.9.6.1.93?

Just trying to understand this one. Is it “the cam stays on anywhere from 5 seconds to almost 1 min” or “the cam is connected to the app and live streaming anywhere from 5 seconds to almost 1 min”?

edit/ here is the flashing firmware instructions.

1 Like

Yes! You’ll need a micro SD (uSD) card between 8Gb and 32Gb formated FAT32. You may need the adapter which is usu included (to format w/computer). Don’t get anything larger the 32Gb storage capacity to use for flashing firmware. The file is small and I’ve used 2GB card.

Use a High Endurance Card. Recomend the Samsung PRO Endurance, 44K hrs. warr. 32K $9.99 The Wyze cards are not HE.

Here is some additional information:
(The Best MicroSD Cards for Dash Cams - Improved Reliability! - YouTube)

1 Like
      1. 36

Wyze z

It won’t upgrade any further, it tries takes about 15min to load and the sends a fail notice.

Most probably because of lost connections

It won’t upgrade any further, it tries takes about 15min to load and the sends a fail notice.

Most probably because of lost connections

Looks like an almost a year old firmware for the V2.

4.9.5.36 (November 15, 2019)

I’d give the manual firmware flash the next step.

1 Like