Wyze Cam Black Has Arrived!

I technically did not NEED them either but got some anyway since they are limited edition

Same here. I didnā€™t need any more cameras either, but I couldnā€™t turn down buying this black limited edition. Itā€™s always good to have a backup cam in case one goes bad.

1 Like

Iā€™m probably going to get one black cam, and a set of smart bulbs. I donā€™t have anything but the cameras yetā€¦

2 Likes

Be careful with Wzye shipping. Ordered bulbs and sensors on Nov 11, 2019 and still no package to Anchorage, Alaska. It will be 3 weeks on Monday!!

USPS flat rate or priority mail made it from Zooz for SmartThings switches located in NJ in 4 days. IMO Wyze is NOT using a very wise shipper for their products.

I figure itā€™s like my wife NEEDING another mystery book, Itā€™s a tool, Iā€™m a man, 'nuff said.
So I severeIy limited myself and only got 7 (so far).

2 Likes

7 black cams?

ā€¦or twoā€¦or seven, lol, I bought the limit of 3 online and then saw them at Home Depot and picked up 4 more lol

1 Like

I totally avoided HD because I knew if they had the black cam in stock I wouldā€™ve grabbed some there too. Lol :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, I couldnā€™t resist, they look good

1 Like

There is just something about those black cams that are so tempting. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not surprised. My stuff usually takes a while to arrive, too. (Not as long as yours, but Iā€™m also not in Alaska.) They operate on thin margins, so Iā€™m guessing they use a pretty inexpensive shipping option too. You can order through Amazon if you want, and youā€™d pronbably get it quicker.

Nice. Congrats. I think the sensors are worth having, too, especially if youā€™re getting a bulb or plug. Itā€™s nice to automate things based on them.

You missed the summer shipping problems. I had one camera go from Seattle to Memphis then return to Seattle.

1 Like

Any chance youā€™ll offer the Wyze Cam Pan in black sometime soon?

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen - Any idea how long before they run out? How long did they last in 2018?
Since most of my cams are looking outside the black may be better for me due to decreased reflection.

Why are they only made in a certain quantity? I have several of them and love them. If you have them in a dark area you canā€™t see them which is how a security camera should be in case someone breaks into your home they donā€™t see the cam. Iā€™ve had friends over and told them I have a security cam up and they couldnā€™t find it because it was black. Looking over all the people whose ordered them it appears that they should be available all the time along with the white ones.

1 Like

They are more expensive to produce then the white ones

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t know how long until they run out. We made a lot more than we did last year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok Thanks HD. I didnā€™t realize it would cost more to manufacture.

1 Like

How much more expensive? Do you have facts you can share? Is it pennies or dollars per camera?