Wyze bulbs offline suddenly

I have 20 Wyze bulbs that have worked without a hitch for months. Yesterday, for no reason that I have been able to fathom, six of them have gone offline. Nothing has worked to get them connected again. I have no tried to re pair them in the account. Not real thrilled with the idea of getting the ladder out just to see if that works. Other than power cycling them at the switch, and resetting the network devices, is there anything else that might work.
Thanks

2 Likes

Reboot your wifi router

1 Like

I have tried everything. I have five bulbs that will not work correctly. I am at a lost for options. I really don’t want to send them back. Just want them to work properly.

Hi @kevinjdoherty1. Two questions for you:

• Have you checked to make sure your DHCP address range is sufficient?
  • Have you added more devices to your network recently, and have possibly reached a device per band (2.4Ghz) limitation with your router? (Some routers only support up to 32 devices per band)
1 Like

Sorry I took so long to get back. Got into a situation with buying a house that became an all consuming situation with the bank. Never doing that again. :grinning:

I have a Google OnHub for my wifi, which is rated for at least 100 devices. I have tried all the settings, and nothing worked. I ended up having to manually add them back into the network, and they are working fine now. Just one of the annoyances of IoT I suppose.

1 Like

Glad you figured it out. :slight_smile:

Well it’s not that simple. I’m running into a problem where I don’t think my connection is sufficient. Basically I’m overloading the 2.4 with my combined devices. I’m going to contact my ISP to try help me with this.

Thanks for your help.

Jrc00

Hi @Jrc00. The response you saw in your email was me replying to another member. That’s why I don’t reply via email anymore, because that context is sometimes lost. If you want specific help, please let us know. :slight_smile:

@Jrc00, what router model are you using? My old Netgear R7000 had a 32 device limit per band. I don’t think I ever got up to the 32 device max because the the 2.4Ghz radio started having problems between 25 and 28 devices attached to it. So, what you suspect could be entirely true.

1 Like