Wyze bridge problem solved via firmware rollback

I have a couple Alexa routines set up to announce when my front door is opened or closed. I just realized the other day I hadn’t heard them in a while, so I checked my app and the last date listed for any sensor activities was March 18th. I went and checked my bridge and the light was solid yellow. I tried rebooting the camera, pulling the bridge in and out and plugging the bridge into a v1 pan cam. Nothing worked. Then, after some investigating, I realized the bridge stopped working right after the March firmware rollout. I downgraded to the previous version, and plugged the bridge back in, and now it’s working again. I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem. Does wyze know this latest v2 firmware disables the wyze bridge?

Edited to add: I rolled back the v2 camera firmware, not the bridge.

2 Likes

@trekgod3 Wyze probably does not know that their recent firmware update broke Wyze Sense V1 … it is up to the users to find their bugs!

1 Like

Question: There has been no update to the bridge software since summer of 2019, and mine was working last I checked, and I have a Hub too. How did you downgrade to the previous version of the Bridge firmware, and what was that version? They’ve only ever mentioned 0.0.0.33…

2 Likes

I didn’t mess with the bridge firmware. It was the v2 camera firmware I rolled back. I guess I should have clarified that in my original post. I assumed everyone would know I was talking about the camera’s firmware

1 Like

Could you please share the link for firmware rollback procedure? What version do you have now? Thank you!

1 Like

It’s pretty easy to find, just Google wyze firmware. It should take you to a page with the firmware versions and instructions. I rolled it back to the immediate previous version listed on the website.

In other word product obsoletion via firmware :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I just did a test.

My V2 Bridge camera has v4.9.8.501 FW (3 versions back). I can receive V1 motion alerts, no problem. I just deleted the sensor (heard “device has been deleted” from the bridge camera), and re-added it successfully (“connection is successful”, also from the bridge camera). Another motion test successful. Cool.

I updated the Bridge camera to FW 4.9.8.1002 (current version). The V1 sensor detected motion. I deleted and re-added the sensor successfully. It again detected motion.

So whatever the original issue was, I don’t think it was the camera FW version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. All i know is my bridge stopped working after updating the v2 cam firmware and the only thing that fixed it was rolling it back to the previous version. I dont feel like going thru the update/rollback process again. Maybe I’ll just wait until the next v2 cam firmware comes out to see if the problem repeats itself