Motion Sense Error

Hey all,

When my firmware updated for Wyze V2 about a week ago it caused an issue with my motion sensors and contact sensors. Certain sensors are showing motion or open, and will not reset. I have power cycled the camera several times and it keeps returning with the same sensors plus or minus one, showing motion. Every other cycle also seems to result in some sensors just going offline completely.

Is there a way to reset the sensor status without removing and re adding the sensors one by one?

1 Like

I just noticed a similar issue. My sensors are no longer changing status when a door/window is open/closed. I have tried the “remove bridge/restart camera/re-seat bridge” step. I’m about to delete and re-sync the sensor, but I would hate to have to do that to 10+ sensors because of a firmware update.

1 Like

Same. Not about to do this every week when there’s an update. Reached out to Wyze a few times and got the same reset the bridge response. This has got to be happening to other people!

It’s just a shame. It makes it so hard to use as a security product like Wyze Lock.

Could you provide some additional info? This will in trying to pinpoint the problem.
-Bridge Firmware Version
-Phone or other Device type and OS version on phone/tablet
-Wyze Device Type and model,
-Wyze app version. (Home Screen/Account/About). Beta or Production Version
-Firmware version installed on Wyze device (Settings (gear icon top-right)/Device Info/ Firmware Version) - “latest” and “up to date” are subjective and will change as updates occur

Bridge 0.0.0.33
iOS 13.4.1
Wyze Motion Sense 2.4.0.47
Wyze Contact Sense 2.8.0.47
Wyze App 2.10.70

Occurred after upgrading camera to 4.9.6.59

Thanks!

I have had similar problems, as have others. Mine have been with motion sensors mostly. What I did was to roll back the camera firmware to 4.9.5.111. I was able to do it thru the app, but that option is only available if you are a beta tester The other option is to manually flash the FW for the bridge cam. Information on how and where the files are is below. It worked for me to allow some sensors to connect and send notifications. I only did the bridge cams, not the others.
**Disclaimer: This worked for me. I am providing you with information and my experience but no guarantees. Some, few, that I have seen have had problems with flashing firmware. It is a common practice and Wyze provides the instructions but just so you know before you go…,

Flash firmware

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwg3k4zTUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiXmh0dHBzOi8vc3VwcG9ydC53eXplY2FtLmNvbS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMzE0OTA4NzEtSG93LXRvLWZsYXNoLWZpcm13YXJlLW1hbnVhbGx5BjsHVDoOc2VhcmNoX2lkSSIpZjBmMGI0NTgtOGE5NS00MjFlLTgxYmYtYWZiYjQwMmYwY2NhBjsHRjoJcmFua2kG--70348b683e024cf503636e75330b027b5413582f

1 Like

That’s great, I will do this tonight. Thank you!

No problem. I hope it helps!

Was able to revert in the app. Im in the beta test program I just didn’t know those buttons existed so deep in the camera menu :slight_smile: Everything is functioning normally now!

2 Likes

Super! Glad we could help.

1 Like