Wyze App Version 2.7 Released! (12/17/19)

That’s unacceptable to me. I use cams as backup cameras. Seeing the movement 20 seconds later doesn’t work. When I put a cam out to monitor something I need to see the FOV as I adjust it, not 15 seconds later.

2 Likes

It’s unacceptable to me also which is why I don’t use my old, slowest device to monitor important areas. Just thought I’d do a quick lag-test to see if this new version improved lag on my old Android 6 tablet. It’s worse. Also on that tablet with this version, group monitoring runs for only 10-15 minutes before the app crashes. I’m now doing a single cam monitor test with that tab… so far it’s been running for hours with no crash and a 1-2 second lag.

@UserCustomerGwen … not showing up yet in the App Store for me, as of 08:00 Wed morning MST. Current iPadOS version is 2.6.62

Has anyone on iOS gotten the new app yet?

Still not available yet for me. I’m guessing it might be in today’s afternoon Apple update which would be sometime after noon western time / 3:PM Eastern time, but that’s just a guess based on other updates.

1 Like

Yep that’s a possibility for sure. But app updates come out pretty much all day, no real schedule.

1 Like

Agreed. Same problem with my Android 5.1 on a Samsung S4. I hope this app version was tested on multiple Android platforms before release.

1 Like

Yes I too am having a severe lag time with this latest app release. I have a newer (year old) Android. Having the same issue with my Samsung S10e as well.

Is the lag better than, worse than, or the same as the previous app version?

It seems as if this issue has been discussed before, especially on Android, but I honestly don’t remember any quantitative measures.

I know on the iOS side there seems to be a 1 to 3 second lag for video at times. Audio, especially sending audio to the camera can have a significant lag. As much as 5 seconds.

The video lag can and does drop to zero a lot of times so I don’t have a real good feel for what is affecting it.

Your experience sounds along the lines of what I noticed when this was still in beta. Curious if you observed anything like that too. Identical results on my Note9/Pie and Mediapad M3/Nougat.

I remember you posting about that. It was fairly early in the beta if I remember correctly.

Nexus 7 (2013)
Android 6.0.1

Unintentionally installed this V2.7.19 yesterday and wound up reverting to V2.6.42 because:

Transiting between a cloud clip Event and its corresponding SD card Playback Event is unusable.

It’s robust in V2.6.42, allowing crisp back/fwd movement between the two Event types and decent responsiveness when browsing around the Playback Timeline.

Hunkering down in old V’s has become a habit.

2 Likes

Indeed it was, but what @None described sounded very similar… curious if he had seen anything like I described intermittently. 'Twas only a week ago this version was knee-high to a grasshopper… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sadly yes. Even more so on the Android side. Anyone have a clue what the app is written in or with?

Very true, more ankle high but I take your point. :rofl:

1 Like

Meanwhile, I’m waist-deep in poo at my own workplace… ugh, if only calamities would coordinate with each other and not tectonically shift all at once! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

By the way the iOS version just showed up in the App Store.

3 Likes

I must apologize. My original post was incorrect. I’m having zero issues with my Samsung S10e as well as my Samsung SM T820. The issue I have is with an older Samsung Tablet A ( SM T350) which is running the Android version 7.1.1 (Knox version). The lag time for this tablet is roughly 15 to 25 seconds. If the tablet is the issue, then perhaps maybe I should invest in a newer tablet.

Again, I apologize for incorrectly posting.

Rich

The delay was just Apple pilfering your personal data upfront & beforehand so that they can keep claiming they’re better than Google on privacy matters in the wild… :joy:

2 Likes

No worries and thanks for coming back with updated info! Could be your tablet. I have a pretty old Insignia tablet which barely runs Wyze at all.