Wyze app settings menu returns to the main page when I hit the "Back" icon instead of going to previous page. PLEASE FIX THIS, IT IS HIGHLY ANNOYING!!!

PLEASE, fix the bug in the Wyze app that returns the user to the MAIN page when I just want to return to the last page I was on, as in the settings option. ex. Whenever I am in a device’s settings menu and I go into a sub-menu, once I finish there, I want to go back a level to the page I was on to get to the sub-menu, so I hit the “BACK” arrow, and that takes me all the way back to the MAIN page, where I have to start over again by selecting the device I was working on, then go back into the settings option, and only THEN can I select a sub-menu. This is highly frustrating and sub-par for an app, as every browser I have used has a BACK button that returns me to the PREVIOUS page, and NOT to the introduction or main page.
I’m sure that I’m not alone in my frustration, and that other users will agree with me on this. It’s such a simple fix, so please fix this soon.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this category for better visibility in order for you to receive help from the forum community as it is not a request for a new product or service enhancement by Wyze.

1 Like

Just tested this on Android 11 App version 2.38.0.153

Went deep into a Cam V3 advanced settings sub menu. Had to click the back icon 4 times to get back to the home page, each press taking me back one page.

What app version, OS, and device type\model are you using?

3 Likes

Are you seeing this on a specific device? Each device may behave a bit differently, so providing the following will help:

• Devie you are using, iOS or Android
  • App version being used
  • Firmware of the device you are seeing this on
  • Plugin version of thwe device you are seeing this on

Then any other details so we can go through the same process you did.

I have tested a couple of cameras and as @SlabSlayer indicated, it goes back to the previous menu for me as well.

3 Likes

I only have v3 cameras and the back button goes to the previous menu as well.

3 Likes

Wyze app ver 2.38.0 (153)
Phone
Moto e
Android Version 10

It must be my phone, app, or combo thereof, because thsi doesn’t happen on another non-moto phone that is running an earlier version of the Wyze App.

I was a Beta tester, but have dropped from the program some months ago.I have always had the problem of returning to the main page when I just wanted to back out one level. Any insight that you can give would help.

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

It may be an Android 10 incompatibility with the Wyze app but if you have always had the issue thru multiple app versions, it may be the Moto build of Android 10 on that specific phone doing it.

I am running Android 11 on a Moto G.

What happens when you use your back swipe gesture?

Well, I set up the gestures option in settings, and when I swipe to go back, I still get shunted to the main screen. I’ll just live with it until I get a new phone. It’s not a big deal, just annoying.
I think a customizable notification sound for my different cameras and different events would be nice, though. I’ve been reading about some workarounds in the forum. Getting tired of checking my phone whenever I get a notification tone, which could mean literally anything from a car going by to a text message. Meh.

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

You may want to read my posts on using a third party app called MacroDroid:

MacroDroid Different Alert Sounds

Share MacroDroid Macros

I’m have run the Wyze app on two Motorola phones. Until about 6 months ago I was using a Moto g7 Power on I think Android 10, and currently running on a Motorola Edge+ 5G UW (2022) that has Android 12. I have had damn near every beta version of the Wyze app on which ever phone I was using for over four years and never remember having the problem you are describing.
Have not seen that on my Samsung tablet either - although I seldom run Wyze on the tablet.

What is gesture option? :thinking: Is this available on iPhone/iPad?

I am actually trying to set up ability to jump to the top menu!! :grinning:

1 Like

ya this is an issue still was there a fix found?

Ya im having same issue its new as of past few months. Android 10
[Mediatek MT6771T Helio P70 (12nm)
[CPU] Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
[GPU] Mali-G72 MP3
256gig storage
same phone for past year or 2 its almost time for upgrade its actually crashing. which looks like going back to the home screen but it splashes the wyze app boot screen briefly first. It does this any time back is pressed so from events if I am looking at an event and want to go back to the list of filtered events it drops me back on the Wyze app home screen it only happens in Wyze app and from any menu, camera view, or setting!