Wyze App Service Outage - 8/22/19

I find this completely unacceptable. You should know based on the amount of units sold if your server is capable of keeping up. I have this camera for security and I expect it to work. You need to plan ahead and get an additional server to handle the usage as well as a backup. It only takes once for my camera not to work for something to happen.

TOS

The products and services are not intended for use as security or life safety devices or services (such as a burglar alarm or monitoring system). Please do not rely on the products and services for any such critical uses.

6 Likes

I should have bought a better brand that offers more reliability. Why would I buy a camera if not for security? What a ridiculous response.

Again as the company stated and everyone else on this forum these cameras are not to be used as security cameras. If you need security go to the companies that provide the security you need.

1 Like

Like @StopICU33 says they are not meant for security, if you choose to use them as security you need to also know the limitations. It is a cloud cam and therefore has requirements of the cloud, if anything from your router or ISP or the server goes down you end up with them being out.

4 Likes

For the specific reference, see sections 3b-3d here: Terms of service ā€“ Wyze.

5 Likes

Intended Use of Wyze Products and Services

Our Products and Services are intended to be accessed and used for non-critical, personal uses and not for safety, security or time-sensitive purposes. While we aim for the Services to be highly reliable and available, they are not intended to be reliable or available 100% of the time. The Products and Services are subject to sporadic interruptions and failures for a variety of reasons beyond Wyzeā€™s control, including Wi-Fi intermittency, service provider uptime, mobile notifications and operators, among others. You acknowledge these limitations and agree that Wyze is not responsible for any damages allegedly caused by the failure or delay of the Services or Products.

4 Likes

The security you are looking for is hardwired - not wifi/cloud based. Wyze is here for ease of use and affordability. Never was it intended for rock solid security solutions, You will pay significantly more for that type of security.

3 Likes

Went to the store and bought my wife a rose and a nightlight for the bathroom. Iā€™m now officially out of the dog house.:grin:

2 Likes

Your right. I just double checked on Amazon where I bought this [redacted] and saw that itā€™s the only one in the list that does not say itā€™s for security. The joke is I bought a different camera from yi but was unable to get to the locker to pick it up on time. So it got returned and then I saw this one so I figured I would try it. Iā€™ll be sure to put in my review its unreliable and not intended for security reasons.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

I should have gone here first. Lesson learned. I shall now stop trying to connect my wyze sense products and wait somewhat impatientlyā€¦

I expect the products I buy to work. That is it. If my wifi does not go out and my phone does not go out then neither should this camera.

+1
I had just returned a sensor that fell down (and the cat carried it away). So seeing it offline sent me on an hours long troubleshooting endeavor - delete device failed, uninstall/reinstall app, delete camera, add camera back, move bridge to different camera, get pissy with wife. That last part is really going to cost me.

I got pissy too, dead men walkingā€¦

Your company will fail if you donā€™t step up your game. Youā€™ll be a thing of the past just like BlackBerry. You have competition that can keep up and they are not that much more than you. This is on me for trying a start up. I should have just went with something time tested.

Is there not some way we can be emailed when this kind of thing happens? I get an automatic notification when my synology NAS goes offlineā€¦

1 Like

Everything in my house is working except this. Give all the excuses you want but it doesnā€™t change anything for me. The only part of my system that went down is on wyzes end.

Hey folks, if you are new to Wyze and experiencing this issue, I can see where you might think that it is a frequent occurrence. Every web-based service is going to experience an outage or service interruption occasionally and hopefully very infrequently. You should know that such interruptions have been few and far between for Wyze.

7 Likes

Iā€™m just a user like yourself and have nothing to do with the Wyze company. I think you would like the cams and all of the other products if you gave it a chance. I really enjoy my Wyze cams. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loki is correct. What I want to know is where I can get a wifi service a router and a modem that never has a problem. I could die happy.

5 Likes