Wyze app Release Candidate, Cam Pan v3, Mesh Router & Mesh Router Pro Firmware Beta Test 4/6/2023

2.41 Release Candidate:

Versions:

• Android: 2.41.0.b196
  • iOS: 2.41.0(24)

What’s New:

• Fixed incorrect UI that showed the in-app purchase Add Camera page for Cam Plus during the free trial (Android)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Security Camera card to turn black instead of showing “No camera Events” (iOS)
  • Bug fixes

Wyze Cam Pan v3 :

Version: 4.50.3.4240

What’s New

• Fixed an issue that caused dropped frames
  • Fixed a bug that prevented recording Events to a microSD card

Wyze Mesh Router:

Version: 1.0.1.106

What’s New:

• Added support for NAT loopback
  • Updated local UI SSL certificate
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the root router from obtaining IP from an ISP modem if the router boots up before the modem
  • Fixed a bug that prevented IPv6 from working properly
  • Fixed a bug thay prevented parental controls from taking effect when an uppercase character was configured in the domain

Wyze Mesh Router Pro:

Version: 1.0.1.107

What’s New:

• Added support for NAT loopback
  • Updated local UI SSL certificate
  • Fixed a bug that caused the backhaul type to be displayed as “wireless” when the connection used Ethernet
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the root router from obtaining IP from an ISP modem if the router boots up before the modem
  • Fixed a bug that prevented IPv6 from working properly
  • Fixed a bug thay prevented parental controls from taking effect when an uppercase character was configured in the domain
6 Likes

Android and iOS app installed. So far things are looking good. will need to do some real testing on this.

Cam Pan V3 FW Installed, so far things look good as well.

Mesh Router Pro does not seem to be available. Checking via Android Pixel 7 Pro and iPhone Xs. I remain at 1.0.0.73. @WyzeJasonJ @WyzeAndy , any idea on the Wyze Mesh Router Pro?

4 Likes

It is possible they are still in the process of flipping the switch but I will check in on that.

3 Likes

Not a problem. Need to test the other updates as well.

Edit

@WyzeJasonJ , I was checking my app and noticed that the Wyze Mesh Pro was not selected in the Beta FW list for some reason. I selected it and still have no prompt for a FW update. What I did notice is this:

The Beta FW Page show 0.12.11.59

But the FW on the Device is 1.0.0.73

I would assume that this is because 1.0.0.73 is the latest production release, correct?

EDIT

I ended up getting the latest FW today. I decided to perform the update remotely, as I was not at home. :slight_smile:

Update was successful and all devices connected. Tested a few items as well as a Teleconference and everything worked as expected.

1 Like

updated app on android and updated FW on 3 Cam Pan v3’s. all went smooth. will report back if I notice anything.

3 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

I am still getting the double WyzeMessage Notification settings in the app. Note: The second WyzeNotification seems to not be used.

1 Like

Updated 4 Pan V3 to 4.50.3.4240 via bulk update list, no update issues to report, however:

• Night Vision IR Lights Toggle is NOT persistent within the Advanced Settings. Toggling it on while NV is either in Auto or On and then exiting back to device list does not save the setting. Reappears as Off every time the cam settings are reloaded. It also does not reflect the true status. IR lights are on but status shows off. Cleared Cache, Logged out, forced App stop, power cycled cams, restarted app, no change. Production App 2.40.0.190. Logs: 997097, 997100, 997101, 997103

• 30s FWD & REW overlay dwell buttons in SD Playback do not work. Buttons throw SD Video at 24hour intervals or random times in different days.

• Enabled Motion Tracking with DZ On, Motor Speed @ 5. Will monitor Return to Home Position issue.

EDIT: That didn’t take very long to test. Cams with Motion Tracking enabled are still not returning to the set Home Position. Vertical Slip is still significant.

Updated Wyze Mesh Router Pro to 1.0.1.107 thru Device Info menu. No update issues to report.

• Happy to see that the update and reboot finally allowed two of my most distant cams to finally access the network thru the closer node rather than the more distant and weaker root WiFi.

• Happy to see that my device status list also updated with current data for devices that were online but showed as offline.

• Happy to see that all the old, disconnected, offline devices that I had to put in a “Trash” group have disappeared. Although there is still no way to delete devices.

1 Like

Interesting as none of mine disappeared. But they are not grouped. Wonder if that is why.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I had a whole group of old offline devices that no longer exist. All gone. I have one old offline individual device that I had not got around to moving there… It still exists. :thinking:

So you had a group name called Trash?

Wonder if that is why they got removed. I would love a method to delete devices from the router. Common thing on other routers, if they return they get a new IP and setup.

1 Like

Yes. Early on, when I learned that “offline” devices I discontinued, returned, or shelved couldn’t be deleted from the device list, I created a group called “:wastebasket: Trash & Garbage”. That is where I move all my old unused devices that aren’t going to be active anymore. I have no idea why it deleted all of them, but poof… Gone :flushed:

2 Likes

I have the duplicate WyzeMessage notification channel too.

2 Likes

@SlabSlayer , I just looked at my Devices connected to the router, and the old unused items are now gone.

So it took sometime for them to be cleaned up.

1 Like

I just checked mine as well. The ones that were not grouped have disappeared too. They must have added some code to remove devices that have been offline for a specific time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.