2.35 app RC, Wyze Cam v2 & Cam Pan Firmware Beta Test 9/7/2022

2.35 APP RELEASE CANDIDATE:

Versions:

• Android: 2.35.0.b80
  • iOS: 2.35.0(6)

What’s New:

• Optimized the In-App Purchase page
  • Optimized the Wyze Home Monitoring purchase experience if billing info is not saved
  • Updated the Wyze Cam v3 Device Notification and Event Recording pages to remove inconsistencies
  • Fixed the display time error when Wyze Switch, Wyze Light Strip, and Wyze Light Strip Pro use Vacation Mode (iOS)
  • Minor UI improvements (iOS)
  • Bug fixes

WYZE CAM V2 BETA

Version: 4.9.9.1409

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused live stream connection failure
  • Fixed a bug that caused broken microSD recording
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the turn-off in-app function from working
  • Fixed a bug that caused frequent reconnection
  • Improved event logging
  • Bug fixes
  • Security improvements
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the setup process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.9.8.1002 or below

WYZE CAM PAN BETA

Version: 4.10.9.1409

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused live stream connection failure
  • Fixed a bug that caused broken microSD recording
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the turn-off in-app function from working
  • Fixed a bug that caused frequent reconnection
  • Improved event logging
  • Bug fixes
  • Security improvements
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the setup process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.10.8.1002 or below

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version numbers to enhance search clarity.

5 Likes

Updated IOS app and v2 cam without issues.

2 Likes

Same, iOS updated without issue. Waiting for Android to become available.

Updated my v2 cameras as well, took a little time, but did finish without issue.

3 Likes

Can you please go into more detail and say what “bugs were fixed”

1 Like

STILL the pixelation. Is this being addressed? Have my cameras been ruined by the firmware? What’s going on with this? Please give an update.

1 Like

Did all V2 and Pan cam updates through the Account Tab → Firmware update section.

1 V2 (out of many) failed the update (many others were successful on the first attempt), and my only Pan cam failed the update on the first attempt too.

My Pan cam has been known to have some problems recently (acting powered off). I went to check it from the home screen and it was showing offline. I physically checked the device and the status light was off. I power cycled the camera, and verified it was back online. I then restarted the update and it was successful. Just in case it is needed, here is log number 708787

The V2 that failed, I told it to try again through the Account Tab → Firmware Update area. It kept saying it was still in progress for 30+ minutes so I went to the home page and checked and it said the device was offline. I waited several more minutes, and it still stayed offline. I then power cycled the cam and when it came back online, it said it was on the new firmware, so I guess the update was successful, it just wouldn’t finish booting back up. In case it is wanted, Log number 706785

2 Likes

Installed the new Android RC (it showed up as available surprisingly fast this time):

• V3’s on Firmware 4.36.10.2424 still won’t give any sound to the phone while livestreaming (this might be a firmware issue though?)
  • I just toggled on all app notifications in the account tab [again] 1-2 days before this update, but they are toggled back off again as soon as I updated…this has been a perpetual issue for YEARS though…probably needs to be a #fix-it-friday report since it’s gone on for over 2 years and is never fixed.
  • I will check and pay attention to the other “What’s new items” and see if I have anything to report.

Sorry for the trouble. Does the new V2 firmware have pixelation issue? Is it happened on live stream, event, or playback? Please provide us some detail or screen recording, and we will investigate that. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ll wait until people can verify that this update doesn’t ruin the cams like the v3 and p2 updates have and still have not been fixed after months (if there is a fix)

2 Likes

2.35 removed all my Smart Detection settings. Now when I try to turn them back on. I get asked to purchase Camplus.

5 cameras four V3’s and one Pan V1

I unassigned all 5 licenses and added them back but still getting asked to purchase Camplus

edit deleted beta app and installed lasted iOS 2.34.1 app. Everything back to normal. All smart detection (AI) settings working again.

I only have V3’s. It’s happening on all 4 of them. In all scenarios. I have submitted several logs and posted video samples to the beta forum.

I keep doing the same thing (submitting logs & posting video samples)…and keep getting the same response (submit a log & post a video sample). Literally crazy to expect that doing it again would have a different outcome.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. V3 video pixelation issue has been resolved. We will release a new beta firmware for V3 later this week.

6 Likes

I hope you’re serious.

3 Likes

For iOS. Continuing issue with shortcut rule icons not turning cams on or off if pressed once. If pressed twice, they work. Reported for previous iOS app beta.
Edit Update: Fixed as of 9/8/22

New issue If Silent Entry Delay and/or Silent Exit Delay is active, the Sensor Hub now announces the alarm status when it changes. The countdown and announcement should be silent.

Possible non-related event, but I also had two V3 cams go off line. One of them only one foot from the router. Highly unusual.

1 Like

What pixelation? Or maybe a better question is what are YOU expecting from a cheap fairly low res. camera? I have 4K cameras (not Wyze obviously) - I have ZERO expectation that any Wyze camera is going to look anywhere near as good as my 4K cameras.
I personally have NOT noticed any particular degradation in any of my 36 Wyze cameras…

This happened after a recent firmware update. Two updates ago, I think.
Never said I was expecting more than what they are. Just not expecting this. This WAS caused by a firmware update. YOU’RE not seeing it….oh, well. THAT has nothing to do with me, and the others experiencing this issue.
Also,…thank you. I feel more intelligent after reading your comment.

1 Like

I assume you are talking about the motion issues with mailman after mail delivery. That looks like a WiFi issue - not a camera issue.

It’s a known issue. It happens on some of my cams now too, when it didn’t before. I can make it happen intentionally with fast movement. Cams I have on older firmware don’t do it, and other devices don’t do it. It’s not consistent either, sometimes there is no pixelation like that. I have a fairly high end consumer router and 1gbps bandwidth that has performed flawlessly for over a year until a firmware update a while back affected some of the cams to have some pixelation issues. It seems like it depends which batch of cams though…the ones with a MAC starting with D0:3F:27 seem to do it, while some of the others don’t. There was definitely a firmware update that is affecting it. It hasn’t bothered me too much TBH, so I haven’t been complaining or anything (and it’s usually not as dramatic as that video example), but I can definitely confirm that there was a recognizable change after one of the firmware updates a while ago. I am as certain as I can be that it is not WiFi related though. Also has the problem on the SD card, which has nothing to do with WiFi.

It’s all good, WyzeBaohua says they have it resolved in the next firmware update, so I’ll look forward to that.

2 Likes