Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

As I already replied to you above on March 22nd, This wishlist request in this thread is for ONE global notification tone for the entire Wyze App. Hence the topic name “Different Alert Sound [singular] for Wyze Notifications”. It is in testing now in the Beta Release Candidate App. That same functionality, to change the sound [singular] of the Wyze App Notifications, all of them, to a single unique tone IS a setting that can be made in Android but not in iOS. That is why it is explained that way in this thread… Because that is the topic here.

That is NOT what this Wishlist topic is requesting. If you want that functionality, I invite you to go to the Wishlist topic that requests unique individual tones for each device and post there :point_down:

That cannot be accomplished natively in Android or iOS, but this topic is not discussing that functionality. The Wishlist thread linked above is where that is discussed.

No, it doesn’t. You want them to program that into the App for you, but it isn’t required for you to have that functionality today since you use Android (sorry iOS users. Apple isn’t as easy for App Developers to work with).

The thread I linked also discusses and links to other threads on how you can accomplish this functionality today. I have a unique notification tone for 25 different cams as well as one for each type of Sense V2 Sensor (3, although each of my 30+ sensors could have its own tone), Robot Vac, Thermostat, and HMS Alarm\Armed\Offline state. I also have unique individual tones for every AI type (5) and Automation Uploads as well as Webhook triggers for each of these individual device notifications and types to execute Routines & Applets by Alexa and IFTTT that trigger non-Wyze and Wyze devices to activate and trigger yet other Wyze Rules. It is automation mania.

Again, if you want to express your need for Wyze to program individual device notification tones into the App, please go to that thread and post there. If you want to learn how to do that today, follow the links I posted in that thread. If you want me to help you with that, feel free to DM me.

2 Likes