WYZE app disappeared in Play Store for Android tablets

Glass is over half full in my opinion. The fact that Chromebooks can now run nearly any Android app is a minor miracle considering they were intended to support only browsing and web apps. In fact, this sounds like a great solution to the famous lack of PC viewer for Wyze.

They can but it’s usually more trouble than it’s worth. You have to run in Developer mode. Not as easy as Android Developer mode.

1 Like

Thanks! this worked

1 Like

Still not available, on a new tablet, running android 10 go edition.
onn. 7" Tablet
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-7-Tablet/930669857
Sure it’s low memory etc, but I wouldn’t think that would be a stopper for even installing the wyze app. Going to use tinycam anyway, but would be nice if wyze acknowledged the problem.

I haven’t seen the problem in a while. Your post is the first in 4 months.

Did you try the direct Play Store link posted above?

I get these messages there:
Your device isn’t compatible with this version.
This app may not be optimized for your device.

It’s Walmart’s Onn tablet. The Fire 7 uses Fire OS, Amazon’s heavily modified version of Android, which drastically cuts back on the apps available for you to download.

the Wyze app declaration header is from version 5 to pie 9.

wait for next release. your tablet should have no problem.

It’s straightforward to sideload apps on Fire tablets, and almost as easy to install full Google Play Store support.

1 Like

If it was just that, my phone on android 11 wouldn’t have access to the app, and would have lost access over a year ago when it was on android 10. It’s on the latest version of the app that released November 9. Android 10 is over a year old.
It could be something in particular to using Android Go edition, or one the other things mentioned earlier in this thread.

Apparently it’s still being looked into by wyze

Using two older Android tablets as monitors, both are on 7.0. using Wyze Beta I get this:

Oddly enough, my Android phone with 6.0.1 does not show this.

I eventually got emails from support, first they thought I was on an older version of android, eventually they just said:

Please note that the playstore can detect if your device is compatible with the app even if it’s running the latest OS version. If it’s showing that it’s not compatible, it means that it doesn’t meet the requirements may cause compatibility issues.

So, looks like they aren’t going any further in figuring out what the compatibility issue is. They really should figure it out, and release their own home control tablet, with wyze preinstalled and optimized.

1 Like

Sideload. Just a couple of clicks. Way way easier than dealing with tech support or waiting for Google to fix the Play Store or for Wyze to change code and packaging.

2 Likes

They can’t tell you what is making their own app incompatible. I won’t be rushing out to buy something solely relying of Wyze programmers.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OMG! peepeep, I LOVE YOU! thank you. you have been more helpful than ANY of the Wyze staff posts re: this issue. I LOVE YOU! i was just about to contact wyze to ask whether they’ll offer full refunds to customers encountering this issue. (since they won’t, in fact, actually support us.) i was already putting all my various wyze cams in boxes & thought i’d “waste” a few hours reading the HUNDREDS of replies to questions about this issue. YOU SAVED THE DAY! wyze owes you tens of thousands of dollars for the service you’ve provided by posting this.

1 Like

@k2oly! Glad it worked out! :grinning:

I’m a good repeater of good advice, at best. :wink:

1 Like

It is insane to me that this still hasn’t been fixed. You can install Google messages from the play store on a wifi only tablet and it works great! The fact that an app made specifically for viewing video is blacklisted from large screen devices is straight up dumb. Also, the “resolution” or whatever it’s flagged as is anything but.

1 Like

The solution is to sideload it

or wait for Wyze to fix it.

2 Likes

the problem is, this is now a weekly requirement… and if you don’t you dont get notifications. Garbage system imo

2 Likes