Why will the Wyze App not work on Android 10?

We have a tablet with Android 10 but the Wyze app says it is not supported on the device. What version of Android do you have to have?

You can look up sideloading. It’s not difficult.

It works on my Lenovo M10 Full HD tablet and that’s Android 10

It might be an issue with the tablet itself, I have it working on my own phone with Android 10.

Galaxy tab A, here. Android 10, works perfectly

Thanks for the replies. My tablet is an RCA. Kind of an off-brand but it says its Android 10 and when you try to install from the Google Play Store it says the device is not supported. I would not think the device itself should matter as long as it runs a supported Android version.

It is the device not the Android version.
Wyze isn’t careful enough when putting the app on Google.
You can easily sideload the Wyze app.
Download it here. It’s ssfe.

1 Like

I just bought a generic Android 10 tablet from Amazon and the most recent Wyze app won’t run on it, even when “sideloaded.” Instead, I had to sideload an earlier version of the app, 2.23.21, and that worked, for now. I’m not sure what will happen if they start push updating the firmware on the cameras so that only newer versions of the software will run.

1 Like

By generic what do you mean? You bought one the cheap tablets off places like wish, geek or other straight from China knock off sites? If that’s the case, it’s porb not Android 10. For example I bought an android TV box off wish that said it was Android 10. Well when I hooked it up and checked the device info, I found out it was Def not. Here is a screenshot of my “Android 10 box” info…

1 Like

I also have an Android 8.1 tablet that should support Wyze app but Play Store says it’s not supported. I have a Pixel C.

I have the same problem with a new Android 10 tablet. I side loaded 2 different wyze apps from APKPURE , And from XAPK at infogallery.

Both were downloaded. BUT MY TABLET STATES NONE OF MY APPS CAN OPEN THE FILE. ??

What file? You just said you already sideloaded the apps.

I explained it on my post. After about 3 hours trying several after market < wyze > apps and something called APKPURE //Finally I was able to get wyze to install on my new tablet…Each time I downloaded a wyze app it took hours to download since I have a slow DSL internet. Then my tablet couldn’t install the app because it said I didn’t have any apps that could read the file.
The main concern is WHY wasn’t the wyze official app available for me on the play store. The tablet is new and has Android 10 , But your app wouldn’t allow me to get it. It said my tablet wasn’t compatible . with your app. I havent tested all the features yet but so far I think it might work. Why did I need to go to so many other sites to try to get the wyze app that I have been using for years. I needed to do the same similar thing to make my other tablet get the app it is a Android 5 . I bought the new tablet with Android 10 assuming it would be able to connect properly to the app, BUT IT WOULDNT. WYZE NEEDS to stop changing things and keep the app available for us who have devices. Thanks, Rick

So that would mean you successfully installed the APK file that you downloaded from APKPure (which was compromised last year by the way). There is no other file involved.

That is hard to believe. On the slowest DSL it would take about 21 minutes (1 Mbps download of a 170 MB file). FYI the only site I currently trust is APKMirror. One should be very careful about trusting just any old site.

Again, that makes no sense. First, you indicated you already installed it. Second, if you downloaded a real APK almost any Android tablet can install it - if you enable untrusted sources in settings. Again this is not recommended for most people.

Because Wyze and Google didn’t classify it as available for your device. This is common, and Wyze doesn’t even support landscape mode, so it would disappoint most tablet users anyway.

Very few of us here (including me) work for Wyze. We’re just fellow customers.

They didn’t change this as far as I know. Most of us (all of us?) have always had to sideload it to get it on a tablet. It usually works okay if you can deal without landscape control view.

APKPure have XAPK files that will only install through their own app.

The files I linked earlier is v2.35.0.88 which is an .APK.

@scrick60 is saying Sideload but means Download.

1 Like