@Crease and @DJohnsonsIdeas, those use cases would be a great addition to this other Wishlist topic also.
Autoplay for short preview in notifications
Currently you need to tap on the preview to be played. Google Home has a feature where the previews are automatically played once expanded
Preview Thumbnails on collapsed notifications
Currently collapsed notifications don’t have a thumbnail on the right side. Thumbnails are helpful to navigate through notifications. Google Home has a feature where the thumbnail preview is shown on the right side of collapsed notification and it is very convenient
One thing I miss from the 2.5x android app was the ability to zoom in on SDcard playback in landscape mode and continuously press the 30 second skip button until I got to an event. Whenever you press the 30 second skip in the 3.x app it unzooms, and clears the screen (skip buttons go away till you touch the screen again). This was a HUGE loss for me.
I know you can skip to motion events, but frequently a subtle event is not triggered. The multiple 30 second skip presses while zoomed in was a cool feature (well maybe it was a bug I liked).
I want to +1 this request. I have 154 Wyze devices and having an offline filter would make finding issues faster.
I’d like to be able to make a rule or schedule to turn night vision on/off manually rather than relying on a dusk/dark sensor. A city light in the alley prevents night vision from toggling on but blows out half the screen with light.
At the very least, put a quick night vision toggle on the main screen for all cams (like it used to be); that option isn’t available on the v3 interface.
I love the skip forward and back function, but skipping back should be 15 seconds to help zero in on the event.
FWIW, that’s also been requested here:
As with any Wishlist topic, you can visit that one to click or tap the Vote button above the initial post (don’t forget to actually VOTE!) and share your ideas and use cases in the comments to show your support for the product and feature request/suggestions that are important to you.
Maximize Live image sized in Monitoring tab.
I am a long time user of Wyze cams and frequently recommend them to friends and relatives.
I frequently use the app on Android and Apple devices. My biggest issue is with the viewable size of the images on the app. I would be nice if the app could maximize the size of the live images for easy monitoring.
For example, in the Monitoring tab when you have 2 cameras open it would be nice to maximize the camera images and reduce or hide the wasted space at the top and bottom. There is a lot of wasted space for the Disarmed, Home, and Away buttons at the top and the time slider at the bottom. If it was possible to automatically “hide toolbars” it would greatly maximize the space and increase the image sizes on the screen. Maybe having a way to “pinch to zoom” the images freely where the top and bottom area could shrink when not needed.
Turning the phone to landscape in monitoring eliminates the tool bars, but in a 2 camera image the images are still small. Maybe pinch to zoom in this view to allow live monitoring of a zoomed in portion of the live video would help. Also freely sliding the image over to allow side by side viewing of the 2 camera monitoring
Make WYZE app look like Home Assistant GUI
I would like to see a new GUI set up like Home Assistant where we can set up a table as the main hub and devices are grouped by room or device type, how ever the user wishes to sort them. Include local weather and time and let us place buttons for what ever we like. For example buttons to set which state the home is in, Home/Away/Off. Another cool feature to include would be individual windows with real time camera viewing of specific cameras or one window to cycle through cameras the user wants to show. Allow for these live feed thumbnails to be shown on the main page of the GUI with all the other things I already listed. I suppose it would require a full rewriting of the app to look like what Home Assistant looks and functions like.
[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for consistency in grouping similar requests and for better visibility to Wyze. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.