Wyze app 2.40 Release Candidate Test 2/27/2023

Version:

• Android: 2.40.0.b182
  • iOS: 2.40.0(6)

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused thumbnails to rotate 90 degrees on the Home tab after setting up a doorbell (Android)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Wyze Cam Outdoor v2 Event Videos from downloading properly when assigned as Wyze Home Monitoring Security Cameras (Android)
  • Fixed a bug that caused Location Trigger names to display incorrectly in Rules (iOS)
  • Fixed an aspect ratio issue in the tab bar (iOS)
  • Bug fixes
8 Likes

Installed on iOS, waiting for it to become available in the Play Store for Android Devices.

Note: on iOS the HMS issue “Failed” when trying to enter the Monitoring Tab is now functioning again. Looking good so far.

5 Likes

Aw come on!
List the bug fixes!

1 Like

It’s pretty standard for most companies to do release notes this way. These are usually the main reasons why:

• To some degree, they want to keep their release notes concise and focused on the main features or changes that would interest their users.
  • For Beta testing like this, they will often only list the things they want their beta testers to focus on and give feedback about. They don’t necessarily care about feedback on trivial things or things that they have confirmed fairly conclusively.
  • In some cases, companies avoid disclosing changes they made to security because it could actually make them more vulnerable, especially for anyone who hasn’t applied the update yet, especially if it hasn’t been released to the public yet.
  • It could be a fix from another beta test, but isn’t something that is affecting anyone with a public/production copy
  • It can be a waste of time to list out every tiny, frivolous modification of code cleanup, so it’s better to just group the rest of the small things as “bug fixes” in general to indicate there were some other small things, but nothing worth noting or that would be noticed by most users.

Among other reasons, but those are the main ones. We can see that Wyze followed this standard as they DID tell us about some of the main bugs first, so they definitely listed bugs for us that they want feedback on, but seemingly didn’t need feedback on some of the trivial stuff, but want us to know there are some other minor updates too that we might notice.

(I say this from experience of being a paid professional QA Tester in the past…this is pretty standard stuff)

4 Likes

Android update just showed up. I am still getting the Monitoring Tab “Failed” error though.

3 Likes

Same here, Android Fails, iOS is fine. :man_shrugging: :grin:

I Cleared Cache from App and From within the OS, Force Stopped, Restarted the phone. Still Failed.

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

Failed issue with HMS Still exists on Android

EDIT

Just checked again and the HMS Issue seems to be fixed on Android as well. Must have been cloud based as well.

So both iOS and Android: HMS Failed issue seems to be corrected

3 Likes

Installed update on Android. Monitoring tab load failed.

Signed out of app. Sign in failed.

Uninstalled app, reinstalled, Sign in failed.

Uninstalled app, installed production app 2.39.0.179 APK, Sign in failed.

Waited 10 min. 2.39.0.179 Sign in successful. Monitoring Tab loaded successfully.

Updated APK installed production app thru Google Play to Beta app 2.40.0.b182… MONITORING TAB LOADED SUCCESSFULLY

Will continue to keep an eye on it.

UPDATE:

When toggling thru the Home Monitoring Settings to clear all the red dots and to verify my Monitoring Mode Rules were still loaded, I got a full page redirect telling me “No Sense Hub Found”. I should have immediately gotten a screenshot, but I clicked on Home too fast which took me to my device list. I verified the Hub was still installed and went back to the Monitoring tab which again loaded successfully.

4 Likes

An improvement to report: For the first time since installing the HMS almost 2 years ago, all 5 of my “Security Cams” are live streaming in the Security Cam section of the Monitoring Tab!

:tada: Woohoo! :clap:

Also: Programmed a 2nd PIN and it worked for arming and disarming via the keypad.

4 Likes

Just checked mine and Monitoring tab is suddenly working again with this Beta app. Hopefully it stays that way this time. :+1:

3 Likes

This RC release still contains the issues previously noted in the prior build:

2 Likes

Now that is interesting, I’ve been checking this thing all day and I’m still not on the newest, I’m still ending in b180

It’s interesting that it’s showing up for others and not myself. I wonder what the difference is

2 Likes

It didn’t show as an available update when using the usual “check for available updates” route in Google Play.

I had to pull up the Wyze App in Google Play and press the UPDATE button.

1 Like

Wow I haven’t run into that issue in quite a few years. But it did work, upon exiting the individual app it showed as an update again on the full update page. I wonder what was messed up there but hey I got it :slight_smile: and HMS is working properly again

Thank you for the tip!

3 Likes

Pc windows app wyze free

Pc windows app? Are you using an emulator?

1 Like

Still no fix for the lock screen issue on iPads? Seems like that should be a simple setting to change.

In Events view with Cam Plus, there is a button to filter events by Person. I can add a filter button for other AI event using the filter option. However, that selection for additional filter buttons is not persistent. The selection goes away when I quit the app.

I am told this is supposed to work and be persistent for the global events tab.

Could someone beta testing the next IOS release please test this functionality to see if it is working in the beta version? Do the AI filter option selection persists when shutting down and restarting the app?

1 Like

I just tested on my Android, are you closing the app down?

Try this and let me know if the filters remain:

Start the App
Go to the Events Tab
Add additional filters like pet
Select Person and Pet
Go back to the home screen

Then go back to the event tab and see if the filters are still there. If so, go back to the home screen and the swipe up on the app and close the app. Go back to the app and the event tab and see if it sticks

They persist if I don’t close down the app.

When I quit the app and start it again, the filters are no longer there.

| spamoni4 Forum Moderator
March 6 |

• | - |

I just tested on my Android, are you closing the app down?

Try this and let me know if the filters remain:

Start the App
Go to the Events Tab
Add additional filters like pet
Select Person and Pet
Go back to the home screen

Then go back to the event tab and see if the filters are still there. If so, go back to the home screen and the swipe up on the app and close the app. Go back to the app and the event tab and see if it sticks