Wyze app 2.40 Beta Test 2/16/2022

And what’s going on with the rules tip that doesn’t want to go away on the right side of the screen? Is Wyze trying to piss it’s customers away? Looks like I’m on a roll tonight :grinning:

1 Like

I’m seeing the app mis label the time of event videos. I’ll have events labeled 5 minutes in length in the events list but when I tap that event, it’ll only be 14 seconds for example. I tested this alongside the public app and it doesn’t seem to affect that one.

iOS 16.3
iPhone 12 Pro Max

1 Like

I use the beta Android app. Up until last week, I have always had to manually update to the new version of the Wyze app. And now, for the last 2 app rollouts, the last PROD update and this beta update, the app was auto-updated without my permission.

I would prefer to control when apps get updated. I thought I had that feature disabled and now I can’t find the setting on my phone.

Can anyone offer suggestions on why this auto-update suddenly started occurring?

That is a setting you have to set in your Google Play Store Settings under the Network Preferences Heading, Auto Update Apps (global setting).

You can also turn it off on a per app basis by selecting the installed Wyze App from within the Google Play Store, selecting the 3 dots in the upper right, and disabling the auto update for that app.

1 Like

THANKS! There must have been an Android update that reset those settings. It has been so long that I disabled the Auto-update feature, that I forgot where to find it. I was getting ready to do a search for that setting, so thanks for helping me out.

1 Like

Beta App UI issue when adding Cam actions to rules:

Once the cam action has been successfully added to the rule, if the cam name is too long, the “Edit” pencil starts to be pushed off of the page by the cam name until it is gone.

When this happens, the only way to edit the action is to delete it and start over or go back and rename the cam making it short enough for the pencil to appear.

The “Edit” pencil should be anchored and the cam name truncated to the specific length limit of the device screen width.

3 Likes

What is the minimum firmware version requirement for the Hub to be compatible with this App feature?

Another issue in the Beta App as it applies to the Rules building UI & Actions for the Thermostat:

When selecting the Thermostat for Actions, if I choose Turn On Heat Mode, the Turn On Off Mode becomes unselectable. This is good.

However, Turn On Heat Mode does not deactivate Turn On Cool Mode. Both can be selected.

In fact, if I toggle the three, I can get any two to be selected at any given time.

I can’t really think of any situation why two conflicting commands should be allowed to be sent at the same time.

Additionally, the Set to Home, Away, and Sleep can all be selected simultaneously. The app should not be allowed to program multiple conflicting commands. Once one is selected, the other two should deactivate.

The only set that does work right is the Notifications On\Off.

Hi, an idea why can’t open my Home Monitoring Page using the Wyze Beta App on my android device. I called Wyze Customer Service and they walked me through some fixes, but none worked. Don’t have this problem with the Wyze app only Beta. Thanks

Mod Note: Post moved to appropriate category and topic.

2 Likes

Which version of the Beta app are you running? I’m not seeing any other posts about this in this thread, but it may be that you need to update the firmware as is required for the HMS change in this beta.

Thanks, I’ll try that

I’m on the Android Beta App w\ Home Monitoring and haven’t had any issues with opening or using functions in the Monitoring Tab or the Home Monitoring Settings.

@carverofchoice may be able to speak to this. Not sure is it is the same sort of issue experienced.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with warranty replacement

What are you seeing when you try to connect?

A blank page that says “Failed”. I know I’m in the Wyze Beta App, but here comes the silly question, “Is there only one 2.40 version”??

I saw that yesterday as well with HMS and others reported it as well. It is working now a s started last night.

I tested on a Samsung phone, pixel phone and iOS. All gave failed but different points.

I would do a clear cache from the app in the account > App settings area

Then shut the app down and long press on the icon ( if you are using Android). Select app info then force stop. Go to storage and cache and clear cache from there as well. Restart your phone or tablet and then try again. Your camera images may be gone, but they will come back when you live stream.

By the way, I am running 2.40.0.b180 with the hub running firmware 4.32.12.534

1 Like

This beta has improved the laggy ness and app hanging but it is popping back up more and more frequently again. It seems like it could be a memory leak issue. I would like to see this resolved sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough for noticing this! I have been having this problem for several days. I have tried so many things. I even reset my HMS service, which finally restored access to the monitoring tab without saying “failed”, but I could not get past the step to setup a “Home” as it kept failing on the address and telling me it was invalid. I’ve been working with some employees Wyze on this issue, and they’ve tried a few things, but nothing worked.

I am SOOOOO glad you suggested using the production app. I went and used my daughter’s phone with the production app version 2.39.0.179 on it to try to do the setup, and it actually worked!!! So there is some kind of bug related to the Beta App which is not in the Production. Seriously, I’ve been dying trying to figure out how to resolve this.

Now I can use the monitoring tab just fine on the production app, but when I try the beta app on my primary phone, it still gives the “Failed” notice on the monitoring tab.

I guess I just need to uninstall the beta app. I don’t know why this is only happening to a select few of us, but this is a pretty critical bug that needs to be looked into before this app version is released to the public and it starts to affect more people.

5 Likes

Additional Rules Action Toggle Conflicts. Tested on V3, V3Pro, PanV3. Suspect it is on all cams w\ siren.

Turn On Siren and Turn Off Siren are conflicting Action commands that can be set to execute simultaneously on the same cam.

1 Like

I am hoping that eventually Wyze will update their rules engine to work sequentially like how Alexa does it. Then we can have a wait x amount of time rule and use seemingly conflicting roles like this… Ex: Turn on the siren, wait 10 seconds, turn off the siren.

1 Like