Wyze App 2.37 Beta Test 11/03/2022

Great News!

Rules history used to only be accessible through the account > rules, but now it’s accessible through other means of accessing rules!

Additionally, a new “Explore” tab was added to the rules page.

4 Likes

Oh sure, rub it in… Us Android people are still waiting for this update to drop.

Being impatient, I went to my test iPhone and tried to update the Wyze App in TestFlight, but it failed the update at least 5 times in a row. :sob:

Both phones refuse to let me have this app update so far.

4 Likes

Holy cow. I saw where this was posted originally in my app user interface update ideas that I’m actually going to send to someone at the company and I got way way way too excited all of a sudden LOL

Sadly I’m on android.

5 Likes

Sound works! Had lost ability to hear sound in my recorded event videos on iOS. Sound is back! iOS 16.1.

4 Likes

Still no Android?

1 Like

3 Likes

I believe Google has 2 more days to approve it. They say up to 7 days for standard processing.

I think they take longer with apps that have subscriptions and in-app stores to make sure they get every cent of their extortion money…I mean, hard earned security production payouts. :slight_smile:

I’m guessing by Thursday as long as Wyze doesn’t revoke the submission by then.

Sadly, this is not abnormal for Google’s standard release method. I have worked with another app company that dealt with this. Some eventually switch to the other release method that lets them choose exactly when updates release, but it’s technically slower… It just allows you to have the release and announcement happen simultaneously… But I’m not sure if “beta” tracks in Google play changes any of the above. :man_shrugging: Still betting on by Thursday though

2 Likes

I don’t like the cam guard thing on the live steam page.

Drone manufacturer DJI stopped using the Google Play Store for distribution of their Android phone apps a year or two ago. DJI did not state the reason, but I suspect it was related. DJI puts the apps on their own website instead.

3 Likes

Yay! I confirm, Google finally posted it. Installing now.

1 Like

Woohoo…

It is installing now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beta App 2.37.0(b111)
Android 11

Cam V3Pro Live Stream UI disables Smart Focus Beta feature when Hardware Decoder is toggled ON in App Settings.

Log 787866

1 Like

An advertisement “Get Cam Plus” displays at the top of live view for the v3pro if you don’t have cam plus, but even if you do have cam plus, this ad still displays for shared users.

Shared users can’t manage subscriptions for the cam anyway, so displaying that ad for them could be misleading.

2 Likes

I was hoping that my Wyze Switch issue would be solved with app version 2.37… but sadly no. I’ve seen this in all the switches from Day 1. It has turned into my Moby Dick to solve.

EDIT: My gif was cutoff… but basically… I can’t add actions to my Wyze Switch Triple Tap… It will add 2 things and ignore the 3rd add.

I wouldn’t waste much more time testing this Beta. Just got it today and it’s already obsolete.

Thx for the info. I won’t hold my breath for a fix anytime soon. Which is too bad. I really like the switches and use them often. I like being able to triple tap when I go to bed and that engages, arms, shuts down, everything I need. Very handy.

1 Like

I understand. Alexa does all that for me.

I have Alexa and Google. I just get tired of calling out all of the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.