Wyze AI Still Not Learning

Today I had 30 recorded events that were all due to insects, yet none were labeled as insects. I’ve been submitting to Wyze for a year now to what was recorded but the AI still isn’t learning.

It’s disappointing to hear that Wyze AI is still not learning as expected. Continuous improvement and learning are vital for any AI system to deliver optimal results. Hopefully, the team behind Wyze AI is actively working on addressing this issue. In the meantime, it’s crucial to provide feedback and stay updated on any developments. Let’s hope for a positive turnaround and enhanced learning capabilities soon.

Honestly, I have no confidence that Wyze will fix the AI, considering it’s been several years and it’s still not fixed. Again today my V3 camera was motion triggered by a person walking their dog, but the recording was labeled as a vehicle because a truck was parked in the street. And then when the truck left, the camera didn’t record it leaving even though the entire truck was within my motion grid. This is so ridiculous! The team at Wyze that is working on the AI has no idea what they are doing!

Exactly! What’s the purpose of all the other ones? I send what in the video faithfully. I’ve never seen anything label insect, waving tree etc.

1 Like

There are currently no labels (tags) on event videos for the others yet. By submitting your tagged events for these others, you are helping build the AI model for possible future implementation.

3 Likes

Additionally, if you have a video originally tagged Person, but it was actually a spider, changing the tag from Person to Insect allows the AI Model to be retrained so that insects aren’t identified as Person in the future.

2 Likes

I still get person cs spider after many corrections submitted.

1 Like

Me too. But I am hopeful that someday it will recognize a spider for what it is. A PIA. Cleaning webs from cams is tiresome. Waiting for the automated laser zapper to come out.

2 Likes

I submit lots of Tagged videos to Wyze to do my part to help the Wyze community. Here is a video i submitted Tagged as Vehicle and Insect. Yes my neighbor is in front of the red pickup, but normally Wyze AI will only tag him as Person if he is in the street with my Detection Setting at 90.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried one of those sound pest repellent devices? I wonder if they would work with bugs if I put one right next to the camera. Not sure how it would affect the sound recording though.

1 Like

Person spider web :rofl:

1 Like

I tried those as well as the rodent repellers in the past and they never worked for me.

1 Like

Thanks! When I find a solution that works I’ll let everyone know. Bug sprays can only last so long with rain and all.

2 Likes

We have all sent Wyze many videos to help the AI learn, yet it isn’t learning and least not much. It’s pointless for them to train new tags when the current ones aren’t reliable. Adding more things the AI needs to learn isn’t going to make it better. Wyze really should focus on what they currently have, get it working perfectly, then add to it. I would rather have a few things work right than a lot of things working terribly.

I have CPL so I only need and want Person detection. For my v3 camera setups (mounting placement and Detection Settings etc.), Person AI tagging is very accurate. Even though I don’t benefit from the additional AI tagging I still submit lots of videos like my example 6 posts above tagging Vehicle and Insects to help the Wyze community. Hopefully, there will be improvements with all Wyze Tagging.

1 Like

I keep hoping Wyze will remove the parked vehicle tagging thing. Because the only thing anyone would care about with a security camera is the movement that caused whatever object to be put there.

3 Likes

Why do so many other companies get these basic features right, and Wyze hasn’t shown any improvement in years?

2 Likes

What’s funny is that by having poor AI, Wyze is just costing themselves money. Money that they’re having to spend on way too much storage. If the AI worked, then I’d be fine with only those events being stored, but as it is, all motion needs to be saved since it’ll miss so much.

2 Likes

Because Wyze would rather pop out new products every week instead of fixing their software. They may have started out with good intentions but not anymore.

For what it’s worth, I think they only had 7 new product launches this year, most of them cameras:

• OG cams
  • Gaming Headset
  • Pan cam V3
  • Mesh Router Pro
  • Floodlight Pro camera
  • Battery Cam Pro
  • Video Doorbell V2 camera

I could be missing something, but I think that’s it. So, about 1 every month and a half. If they don’t launch another one this year, then it will be every 1.7months, otherwise if they launch one more or I forgot about one then it will still be every 1.5months.

They have WAY SLOWED DOWN compared to the previous 2 years when there were tons of launches. This year has not had a lot of launches. They cut down A LOT from 2021-2022.