Wyze 3-Way Light Switch

Apparently you misunderstood what I meant by “exposed by default”.

In order to function as designed, routers must expose themselves to the internet, while other devices at least are behind the router’s NAT/firewall.

1 Like

Would be great to include a dimmer slider on a three way switch….

1 Like

I’m going to ask a stupid question, so I’m ready for the ridicule… is there such a thing as a 2-way switch?

Yes, that’s what Wyze is selling. It can’t be used (as far as I understand) in a pair so that two wall switches control the same light / circuit, as is common for things like hallway or stairway lights. That’s what 3 way switches do. Yes the name is a little confusing.

Got it. Then yes, I would like that too. I already voted for it anyway. Thanks!

1 Like

Beware these Kasa Switches can’t be used to trigger any other devices in IFTTT!

1 Like

+1 for the 3-way switch request. I saw the same at Costco that others have mentioned and was also surprised that the Wyze switches weren’t at least on par with what Costco was selling.

For some of my usages (outside lighting for example) a single pole, non-dimming switch is great and could be slightly cheaper, but there are many places where only a 3-way switch will work.

2 Likes

Wyze switch 3 way and dimmer support

I’d really like to see the smart switches and outlets updated to support dimmer functionality as well as a 3 way switch.

2 Likes

I would also like a 3 way light switch. I love my single pole switches but I’ve got a few 3 way circuits that need to be smart too. Thanks!

1 Like

I love these switches and they really solve a variety of problems for my family and me.
About half the lights in my house (and outside as well) are controlled by 3-way switches so it is absolutely integral for me to achieve a consistent experience with the product that this feature is supported.

3 Likes

a 3 way smart light switch

[Mod Note]: Your post was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts.

You and many others! We all want to be able to have all our lights the same colour. Makes it harder to buy more if the effect is going to be messy.

I don’t know if it works with ifttt or not, but Amazon Basics does have a `reasonably priced 3-way and a 3-way +dimmer. For those who use Alexa it would require no new app.

Hi, I would like to see a three-way pole switch being able to control more than one light at a time would be great. For example to be able to control light and ceiling fan separately. Second example dining room light and back porch light.

Thank you.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this #wishlist request for consistency in grouping similar posts.

1 Like

Unless I’m misunderstanding your question, this alread exists. You can add multiple instructions to each smart-switch action. These can relate to the same device (e.g. turn on a light, set its brightness and set its temperature), or it could relate to different devices.

what I am referring to is a physical three-way switch not the smart functions.

1 Like

Also dimmable!

3 Likes

This is what I use for the two 3-way circuits in my house. Looking forward to switching them with a Wyze version.

1 Like

same here. $10/switch at Costco in my location (sale price, $20 bundle for 2) - but if Wyze comes out with a 3-way option I’ll definitely “switch” over :grin:

1 Like

3-way and 4-way wall switches and 3/4way dimmers that drop-in

Not one company makes a good smart 3-way or 4-way wall switch or 3/4way dimmers.

No one. I have used them all. I used to have 9 different “smart switch” control apps on my phone. They all stink.

There is no reason that Wyze cannot design a smart 3/4 way wall switch that only needs to replace the main switch (where the hot runners are). All of the current designs require all of the wall switches to be replaced with smart switch “slaves.”

Just call me, I can do a 5 minute presentation on how 3/4 way switches work and how you can make a drop-in switch (regular or dimmer) that just replaces the main.

And make it with regular-thickness mounting tabs instead of those plastic monsters, so it fits screwless covers.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for 3-Way Dimmable Light Switch. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes