Why I cant use Wize when on LTE or other internet?

I am having this difficulty of using Wize over my phone’s LTE or any external connection. When I am home and using the same connection as the camera is connected everything works fine. This happened in past but then got resolved after reseting the camera. Now nothing helps. I tried resetting camera from scratch, reset the network but nothing seems working. Any tip will be really appreciated otherwise it seems its time to completely switch to more expense yet very reliable brand that I already have. I am hoping that this will work. I was planning to get the newer version of Wize but I canceled it given the trouble and uselessness of the current camera.
Thanks in advance for any tips to make this to work.

HA

what behavior are you seeing when it’s not connecting?

To be honest, this sounds like a problem with either your phone or your data. Wyze video images go through the cloud, it should not care how you are connecting to the internet. Have you tried it with a different phone or maybe a different network connection?

I just tried it with my LTE, and no problem on my end. I have at least a dozen camera, cam v2, cam v3, pan cam, outdoor cam, doorbell cam. even black v2’s.

Try this as well:
Re-install the app. and/or check permissions. You may have accidentally put a firewall data block on your phone for the Wyze app.

Have a read on this thread. Look at the local network setting that is mentioned, that may be at play here. I have no personal experience with this as my fingers will burn if I touch an apple product. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, that’s false. Wyze live video does not go to or through any cloud servers.

It goes directly to the viewing device. A P2P connection is always established directly to the phone or tablet, while on the LAN a local network connection can be made.

What phone? What displays on the Wyze app? What telco provider? Is this replicated if you try another phone? What if you try someone else’s WiFi? What if you try an Android device? What is your home router and does it have any unusual security settings or firewall controls?

1 Like

What are your upload speeds?
I need at least 0.7Mbps upload speed to reliably view 2 cameras when I’m off my home network.
If I add a third I get spinning wheels.

1 Like

Dear Bam,

Thank you for your follow up. When I open it on LTE or external wifi it tries to connect. Changes the information over the tries. It starts with the “Connecting camera (1/3)”. Then stays on it. Then changes to “Connection Failed. Please try 1. Force close app and retry 2. Power cycle the camera” then when I try going back to camera, momentarily it shows “ No internet connection” “Failed to update device list (error code - 1009)”. This is happening already for months. I looked into solutions but nothing seems working. On another note: In past I had three of these cameras and the first one would work fine while other two would not notify of motion or record anything. I just returned those and kept this one and now this is how it is working.

Thanks in advance.
HA

1 Like

I tried all the solutions proposed by others in this community. The problem is that it was working just fune for a year or so. Then it was coming and going. The same phone all the time. I reset everything from scratch but nothing. If it was due to phone then how I am connecting to it while in my home network. It seems more of an app issue that does not connect me while I am on LTE. I did not change any settings either.

Can I ask who your service is through and what your LTE speeds are?

It is iPhone 7 and ATT.

Download 35, upload 0.2.

It is an oversimplification but does not change what I meant. I did not say cloud servers, I said cloud, by which I meant the internet (which is easier for people to understand if you picture a diagram). Ok, I’d just use the word “magic”.

Camera → Router → modem → MAGIC INTERNET THINGY → data provider → phone

I can make the same argument here in that this is misleading. It does not go “directly” to the viewing device because it is not ad hoc.

It does go directly. The “magic” P2P device gets out of the way immediately after getting the two ends talking to each other, and no video traffic traverses the “magic”. The distinction is important precisely because the poster is asking about local versus remote accessibility.

Also, of course it’s ad hoc. What do you mean?

I have the exact same problem om mine for many months. A reset no longer fixes.