Why did ALL my Wyze cams stop working

Can someone explain to me why ALL my cameras are no longer working at all??? Very unhappy with Wyze products at this point!!!

What is not working? Can’t live view, no events, what? Have you tried power cycling, is your internet working?

What specifically is NOT working? Are they powered ON? Did you set a RULE that turned them OFF? Are there UPDATES that you have not completed yet? Please let us know more details. I am relatively new to Wyze but I am very happy with the products. I am still going through the learning curve; but even that is improving.

All units are showing offline and yes internet is on and i have tried rebooting cameras several times.

They all show cameras offline but internet is working and have rebooted several times and they were working up until i updated one camera then they all stopped working

Try power cycling the base station, and see if them come back. May need to give it a few minutes

because they have lost build quality… two of my outdoors, which i brought INTO my house because of hurricane Ian would not power back up… nothing fixed them… wyze said they’d give me $15 as good faith… i spend over $100 and get $15 back (yup, they were out of warranty)… i go through two cameras about every 13 months. im not going to replace them, im moving on, so pissed and disappointed in wyze…

1 Like

The same thing happened to me. All of my Wyze cameras quit working at the same time.

First thing I would try is unplug my modem and router and plug them back in, then unplug one or more of the Wyze cameras and plug them back in.

Even if other things are working on the internet, doing this will resolve any memory leak issues or connection time-out issues and force both devices to attempt a new handshake and authentication.

It’s not uncommon for people to find that manually rebooting their router occasionally improves things a lot.

If the above doesn’t resolve it, then there are other steps, though I’d say that the majority of the time, if devices stop working but other people have them working (so there isn’t an outage), then doing the above fixes the connectivity issues most of the time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This fixed 3 out of 4 of them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! For the 4th one, I would just go through the setup procedure again.
If that doesn’t work, then I’d try resetting it to factory settings and trying setup again.
If that doesn’t work, then I’d “Flash the firmware” back to an earlier version.

If it is one of the battery-operated outdoor cameras, whatever you do, don’t delete it from the app while it’s not working or it will lock up forever.

2 Likes

That worked!
All are operating- and I just ordered 2 more on Amazon Prime Day.
You are handy to know :joy:

So thankful for your help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad we got you back up and running. :tada:

1 Like