Why now out of no where when I enable “Track Motion” does it disable my “Detection Zone” No longer auto returning to its preset position?
If you just want the pan cam to return to a set point after motion tracking, that’s what waypoint #1 is supposed to be. I haven’t tested this lately though.
Yeah I’m not sure what happened but my usual setup is now not working. I usually have detection zone and motion tracking utilized so when someone walks up the driveway it tracks them under the camera along the deck and towards the front door, the camera then resets to the original position after 15 seconds.
Instead now I get this message… “Your camera has the detection zone setting enabled, which only applies to its current position. Tap “Continue” to disable detection zone and use track motion.”
If you have Track Motion activated but then try to set a detection zone a message pops up saying that track motion has now been deactivated…
You can’t have Pan Scan and Detection zone active at the same time either.
I never activated the detection zone on my pan cam V3s. I consider it impractical, as the detection zone is only good for one direction.
As for your requirement to “reset to its original position”, that isn’t what the detection zone is for. If you set waypoint #1, that’s what the camera resets to when there’s no motion.
For my use case detection zone allows me to disregard the sidewalk and roadway that is within view and only track someone that comes onto my property. With how it was setup originally it would track as mentioned above and then return to the driveway viewpoint. It worked perfectly but suddenly the permissions have changed.
Currently the issue is you can NOT have Detection zone and Motion tracking set at the same time.
Per Wyze descriptions it should be working…
" Additional Notes
Some behaviors to note when using a Detection Zone:
- The Detection Zone will only be active when the camera is in the position you selected when you set the Detection Zone. If you (1) manually move the camera away from the Detection Zone OR (2) if the camera moves away from the Detection Zone following motion when Motion Tracking is turned on, after 15 seconds of inactivity (no motion detected) the camera will automatically return to the position you selected when you set the Detection Zone and will reinstate the Detection Zone."
https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030147091-Detection-Settings-and-Zones
I don’t know why you seem to think I have the problem about detection zone?
If you review the thread, I was helping someone who had the problem.
I appreciate your input but I think you’re missing the point.
The OP and myself require Detection Zone. You offered PanScan and that does not work with Detection Zone, I merely mentioned that.
You also stated that
when clearly it is.
Wyze recently changed the permissions on how Detection Zone & Motion Tracking work together and that has had a negative impact on how the OP and I use it. It also goes against how Wyze says it should work per the link I shared.
I never did, quote the phrase where I offered ii as a solution.
This is what I posted. Here I was suggesting an alternative way for the pan cam to return to a set point; an alternative way, that doesn’t use pan scan. And you interpreted it the opposite way!
Edit -
Are you confusing pan scan with waypoints? They’re not the same.
This is getting way off topic… I didn’t mean for this to turn into anything so accusatorial, I just felt that your responses did not work with Detection Zone.
I apologize if I am incorrect but I was thinking waypoints are only accessible in PanScan?
Definitely NOT. You can use waypoints, independent of pan scan.
I have the same problem. I want the cam to pan as you walk up my driveway, but not follow the cars on the road…
Detection zone used to solve that problem.
I’m happy I found this thread, I thought I had forgotten how it worked, and just imagined that was what it used to do.
I’m having the same problem. 2 cameras, one works with both, the other one stopped working as you described. I’ve reset it, deleted it, reinstalled it, still not working as it did or how the other one still does.
Yes, why has this changed??
I am having the same issue. Now my camera is tracking all the cars driving by. Either that or it is just static and doesn’t follow people walking up my sidewalk.
Just wanted to chime in with a me too
I’ve got the same issue. Camera used to be set with detection zone on and tracking and it worked just like I expected: it tracked moving objects that fell within the detection zone. Lately, it won’t track at all. Today I turned off the detection zone and set a way point as suggested by another poster here along with active tracking. It now tracks partially! The camera won’t move to the right when I walk in front of it but does move to the left as I move. ETA: I just tried a variety of settings and nothing is making it move to the right including the “pan control” There’s just too many controls for me to understand how they supposedly work together or apart.
Same exact issue. It use to work pretty good. I cant believe they changed it. This may be the final straw in me just switching to something else completely. Been looking at the eufy.
Same issue with my pan v2, @wyze fix this problem, you have basically turned you camera’s into junk.
Very disappointed with Wyze that they changed this option ( detection zone with tracking).
Unless they fix it, I’ll be looking for new cams when my annual sub ends in a few months.
Another me too. Affects three V3 cameras.
All of them are mounted about 10’ high to track 180° of motion on the ground below. With no detection zone, motion events are triggered in two cameras by cars on adjacent streets, people walking with or without pets, etc., while the third reacts to tree branches just outside the perimeter of the monitored area, waving in even a slight breeze. And motion events are triggered on all 3 by birds during the day and flying inspects attracted to lights at night.
Because that motion is outside or above the area of importance, when those events occur the cameras either move upward, and can’t see what’s happening on the ground, or it interrupts tracking long enough for the subject to move to a different location. If detection zones are active, however, all of that motion is easily hidden.
Motion detection, tracking and timely alerts is essential to the ability to protect people, pets and property. Here, one camera is supposed to monitor a swimming pool and motion in others is intended to provide warnings of potential danger or unusual activity—exactly what they are intended to do.
But that’s impossible when events are triggered every time an insect flies in front of a camera, a tree limb waves in the breeze or a car drives down the street. When motion tracking and detection zones worked in tandem that rarely happened (except for the insect thing). If motion tracking disables the detection zone, however, the volume of spurious events and alerts simply makes motion detection useless.
I like others here cannot understand—nor has the company explained—why in almost 6 months this unannounced and certainly unwelcome change, virtually crippling these cameras for important purposes, hasn’t been reversed.
Unfortunately, this is really another example of an overarching issue permeating postings here and elsewhere: the company’s failure to respond to its customers. Here are a couple of other examples which, because they are seemingly so trivial, further prove the point.
Why, if they can identify other objects, can’t they provide an option to ignore flying insects?
Why can’t they provide an option to limit repetition of an alert every time the same motion starts and stops? No one needs to hear. “Person detected at garage” every time the same person stands still for a couple of seconds and then moves again,
Despite other annoying limitations, I’ve been happy enough with my system until now. But I simply cannot and will not accept the risks of harm to people or pets from no longer being able to effectively monitor and track motion. Too many good alternatives are available to justify paying a company who doesn’t respond to customers’ requests but is perfectly happy to charge good money for subscriptions without fixing crippled services that used to work.
Wyze—either fix these things now or you will lose many customers—including me.