I tried to update my two pan cams but then all cams stucks and fixed yellow light, no possibility to manually flash the firmware, i was thinking about flashing using an old firmware similar to the one that came with pan cam in day 1, in the Wyze website they allow only to download november 2022 update and on?!
For the Pan Can V1, there is firmware available for download that goes back to Sept 2022. Before that was removed due to security improvements that were made on that firmware forward.
Why do you say this? Then talk about wanting to flash older firmware into the camera. I’ve brought back cameras by either flashing the newest firmware onto them, or flashed older firmware and then updating to the latest firmware.
What have you tried for troubleshooting?
I tried all firmwares available for downloading from Wyze site, one by one, I extract the file *.bin into the root of the SD card, then I insert the cardand I switch on while pushing the reset button for 3-6 secondes, the blue/yellow light appear for one to two minutes then again yellow fixes and nothing for the cam!
I was wondering if I find the oldest firmware it might work and then I update from the app as intention to do.
Are you renaming the file to the correct name? While making sure it’s not actually renamed to have the extension “.bin.bin”? Windows likes hiding extensions so you may actually have the file name wrong. And what size ad card are you using? Try 32 gig or lower. Also can you confirm that you are trying this on the original Pan Cam?
Here is the process straight from the Wyze Support website.
Flash Firmware for Wyze Cam v2 & Wyze Cam Pan
- Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
- Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin.
- Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
- Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
- Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
- Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera!
You may need to perform a factory reset on the cam without any SD Card immediately prior to unplugging it to start the flash sequence.
Only use a 32GB or smaller card. Larger cards are formatted exFat and will not work. It has to be FAT32. Card should be completely blank except for the renamed .bin file. If it doesn’t work, try a second card.
Thanks for these information.
I am using 32g (I tried initially using 64 and 128 and no response even no blue/yellow light), when using the 32 at least there is blue/yellow but as I said it goes to fixed yellow after minutes ans stuck.
I will retry again may be using smaller sd card and I will make sure no hiding bin.bin.
And yes I am using original pan cam.
Will revert back to you
I tried using 16Gb even 2Gb and still same issue, I think the update started since the blue/yellow light is there but then after minutes it stuck at stable yellow.
I al convinced that if I don’t have the oldest firmware at least one firmware of 2021 or before it won’t work.
I will give up I think