What to do with ERROR Code -1

Not always :frowning:

1 Like

True dat…. Not always :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, that version of the app will render your cameras in groups, useless. It is a known issue Error -1, and Wyze is working on a fix. Temporary solution is to remove the cameras from a group.

What to do with ERROR Code -1

The most important question right now is:

“When will this corruption be fixed or rolled back to when it worked properly“ ?

1 Like

Can we hear from someone who is working on this and what the status / expectation is ?

1 Like

@habib & @tlhutch4 - your posts were merged to this topic as they are irrelevant to the already solved source topic. Please avoid diverting topics by changing them midstream.

Doesn’t work for me

OK its a no go on removing camera’s from group. Still a dogs breakfast at my end.

1 Like

OK my mistake - a restart of app fixed it with camera’s out of group. T
Ta

I’ve had this errors once Sunday morning. The cameras connect one moment and then the next time I check, they refuse to connect and I get error code -1. I have hard closed the app, powered the cams off and on and nothing works for long. To be clear, I’ve updated neither my iPhone nor my cams.

There’s a new update here: Wyze app 2.38 hotfix - Released 1/5/2023 - #39 by WyzeGwendolyn

Please follow that thread for further updates.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: The last straw

Is there a fix to this yet @WyzeJasonJ and please don’t tell me to power cycle down again! Having to constantly power cycle down cameras after each firmware update makes these cameras completely unreliable.

See the post by Loki above.

Hi all,

For the past few days (~week) I have been intermittently getting an Error: (Code -1) on all my cameras (and the ones I follow). So 10+ cameras in different locations and internet providers. I would think it is on the app end of the connecting given it is impossible cameras in different countries are getting the same code at the same time.

Thoughts? I switch off of phone wifi to see if cellular works, restart app, reboot phone, reboot the cameras in my possession. Nothing has provided a consistent fix.

1 Like

Same issue here. Ever since the last update, will frequently see all cameras show Error Code -1 and be unable to connect. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Thanks, glad I am not alone on this. Frustrating it certainly is.

1 Like

This is a known issue that Wyze is working on a fix.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-app-2-38-hotfix-released-1-5-2023

2 Likes

Same here… all the sudden, nothing but -1 error. Hope it clears soon. Hate to send all my cameras back to amazon. Great deal, but if they don’t work, waste and worthless.

1 Like

Why not just take the cams out of the group and wait for a fix, at least you can still check the cams?