What happened to the “Bonus” for being the first 20,000 orders?

This truly has been the worst roll out of a product by wyze, I think we can all agree. Being one of the first 20,000 purchasers of the Outdoor cam was supposed to come with a bonus gift.
To be honest, having to inquire about it almost makes me not want it, and the silence regarding this from Wyze is deafening.
What is the status of this? And why hasn’t Wyze updated it’s customers?

I was not one of the first 20k that received this, but as I understand it was a small (plastic?) cowboy hat. Nothing special, just a small trinket as a thank you.

Did you get a cowboy hat?

I was one of the pre orders and I didn’t get a hat OR the “I backed Wyze” stickers.

Can’t lie, I was super bummed.

3 Likes

I think we all agree Wyze sucked on their rollout of the outdoor cam and conveniently didn’t send me my worthless bonus bs. Seriously, I’ve had friends buy their products and family as well…for something so anticipated, they really disappointed me.
They have a saying down south, “getting to big for their britches” and perhaps that’s what we’ve learned with this experience.
Thumbs down and they can keep their worthless nonsense that they never sent.

1 Like

Yup, they would have been better off not mentioning it at all and just sent it out with the first orders. Or, skip it altogether and put more effort into debugging the firmware.
Stop making promises. Nobody will notice. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agreed, do it right or don’t bother doing anything at all. The bonus should have been that these outdoor cameras had a mini solar panel that charged them without having to worry about batteries. That would innovative…

2 Likes

i felt the childish manor of the free gift was almost an insult. I mean a cowboy hat for the cam…really
I know money is tight for a new corp. next time try a coupon on my next purchase or premium customer service upgrade
both are extremely low cost and would be appreciated
“shaking head” a cowboy hat…

1 Like

I feel… I don’t know how to say this without being rude. And I in now intend to insult anyone here. A “free gift” is just that. You got what you payed for, plus something. You have no rite to be negative about this. If you don’t Appreciate the gesture, just toss the silly hat and go on with life.

I appreciate your attempt, but insinuating that if I PURCHASED something before 20,001 others do will garner me a bonus, it’s not FREE, it’s MARKETING.
I made the mistake of falling for it…
So while I appreciate your participation, you are completely wrong, I paid for it…and shipping that they screwed up as my item sat for weeks without actually being shipped. I paid for that too…

I certainly see where you are coming from…however from my point of view as someone who got the plastic cowboy hat, I would much rather have gotten nothing at all. All i could think about when i looked at that cheap, pointless, plastic cowboy hat, was that the vast majority (if not all) are going to wind up in a landfill immediately. It was a waste of money and time to produce, i dont know anyone that was happy to receive it, and now we have even more non biodegradable garbage filling up a landfill.

Idea for next time, plant a tree in my name to offset the carbon footprint of the plastic cowboy hat.

3 Likes

I completely agree. Understand that I didn’t know what the bonus was until I posted this thread,
I never received an apology for being forgotten or for my order being screwed up in shipping as well.
All the things that “small startup” Wyze company “markets” themselves as. They are obviously detached and in my opinion have gotten too big for their own good.
A simple apology WOULD have gone a long way, now? I don’t want one, I just want to voice my disappointment amongst fellow supporters and I’ll feel better knowing I did just that. Notice their usual representative didn’t jump in on this thread with excuses? Because there’s not one they can use.
Lastly a cowboy hat sounds like a pretty dumb idea for a camera most would like to have mounted discreetly, not screaming “Yeehaw! I gotcha on cam!” :roll_eyes:
PS: They emailed and asked for review, after taking the time to explain why they received one star, they rejected my review, nice huh? What’s the point of asking for reviews? This company is has disappointed me beyond anything I would have expected.

You can’t keep a high average if you start accepting 1 star reviews now can you? :wink:

3 Likes

Most of the complaints I’ve read are from people that didn’t receive the freebee at all. The bait and switch routine.

1 Like

Now that’s a different matter all together. If some is promised, even as a bonus gift, they should deliver.

Now I hear your point about the trash, and I also really like the tree idea. I would much rather hear constructive criticism then “what a dumb cowboy hat? I got ripped off”

Well the tree won’t be able to break down and replace the oil used in that hat for at least a few millennia…

Wait, @marchesenick1 gave an honest review and they “rejected” it? What kind of nonsense is this. If I want blatantly rigged reviews I’ll keep shopping at Amazon. Seriously, poor form, Wyze.

Did your review only include the camera issues, or did you also include a review of customer service? I think I’ve heard somewhere a while back that reviews that don’t adhere to just reviewing the product itself get rejected… But I don’t remember where I heard that (Facebook group, here, etc).

1 Like

Mine was about the customer experience, it doesn’t specify from what angle the review came from and I feel the ENTIRE experience should be evaluated and an overall score based on that.
They screwed the pooch and I think people should know that. None of us are perfect, but we learn from our mistakes, and boy did they make plenty on this outdoor cam.

If it was supposed to be a product review then I do understand why it would be rejected.
I see that all of the time on Amazon. A poor product review that starts with, it arrived late… That’s not the product, it’s the courier and/or Amazon.

2 Likes

The purchase and shipping were all logistically done through wyze…
Obtaining the product is absolutely part of the experience and should definitely be a part of any review. If they wanted something tailored for positivity, they shouldn’t ask actual customers, instead hire a marketing firm.

1 Like