Weird V3 Pro 2k streaming problem, but time of day related only

Still no go for me. Everything is updated/current.

No go for me either. I will give it through the weekend, then they are going back to Wyze

2 Likes

and now it stopped working. I had gone in and out of the app multiple times and tested on multiple iOS devices and it was working. Now it is not working again. Back to square one :weary:

Wyze Developers are aware of this issue & working on a fix. I am going to give them a chance to resolve this. I agree that some kind of ETA would be nice?

1 Like

Same here. I’m just gonna wait it out for a while.
I know they haven’t come up with a solution yet and can’t give an ETA, but I’d like to know if they’ve even identified the problem and/or have been able to reproduce it.

2 Likes

I posted this issue in this week’s fix it Friday thread for you guys here:

I expect Wyze is looking into this either way, but if it has the most votes by Monday then we can get a description of their action plan and how progress on a resolution is coming.

3 Likes

Thank you for doing that!

1 Like

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

Thx! I contacted support just to see if they would entertain a Replacement because of this issue. Basically they said dev is aware of and working on the issue. No offer for a replacement. Does anyone have V3 Pro’s that are streaming during the daytime? Or is all V3 Pros affected?

Yes, several people, including myself, report the V3Pros
are streaming fine during the day time. This problem is not experienced by everyone for some reason.

It does seem to me to be affecting iOS users more than Android users from what I’ve seen, which is interesting. That’s not the only variable, but certainly something I would explore.

Even though it isn’t affecting me personally on my 6 V3Pros, I’m doing what I can to help out the rest of you so yours can work better too. (Ie: keeping track of people reporting the issue, calling in an employee, reporting the issue to #fix-it-friday so we can get a public action plan and ETAs/updates for you guys :+1: )

Hopefully Wyze can get this fixed for you all soon!

2 Likes

That’s my observation as well. I have iPhones and iPad, but I also have an Android tablet. I think the difference (at least for me) is IOS tends to just freeze and then update the stream every so often, but on my android device, it will also freeze, but often plays like 1 out of every 3 or 4 seconds rather than completely freezing.

1 Like

Thx for your post!

1 Like

I think it is great but how about an email acknowledgment to those who have called the issue in ??…:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Has anyone been tracking whether grouping the cameras has any effect on this?

I just saw grouping mentioned in another thread, and it reminded me of issues I once had where cameras worked better ungrouped on poor Wi-Fi.

2 Likes

Interesting idea. I haven’t not heard or noticed anything about Grouping, and I think all of mine are ungrouped (and working). I might have to try grouping some and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

I haven’t had any cameras grouped in years. I remember way back when the V2 first came out which is when I started with Wyze, I did have problems with grouped cameras, but only when they were being viewed by multiple devices at once such as me and my wife, whom I have the cameras shared with on her own login. Support was able to duplicate that problem at the time and acknowledged it was a known issue at the time. Since then, it may have been fixed, but it’s been years since I’ve even tried groups with cameras.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt what you’re saying, but I see no technical reason why this live streaming only at night time is not on both iOS and Android. As it is not an o/s specific issue. I can log into the beta Wyze web page to view all my cameras and the V3 Pro does not live stream there either.

I have been offered a replacement, it shipped. I consider this a waste of time, but I will post in a few days if the new replacement camera does live stream during the day in the exact location.

Maybe we are just part of a bad batch…? :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit: we will see once @BMICH gets the replacement.

1 Like

That is where I first noticed the issue but then deleted the group.
And then when it continued I knew there was a problem!

I have other v3s (not pro) grouped with no problems.