WCO - After firmware update, won't reconnect

After updating my WCO and it’s base station, the camera won’t reconnect. Any suggestions?

Turn the switch on the back of the camera off for 15-20 seconds turn it back on

I’ve tried that twice.

Might try that with the base station too (be sure to wait long enough for a solid blue light), but beyond that…

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturday.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try after the football game. Should I try manual firmware update in case it failed?

Hi @Baldeagle69,

Do you still have a connection issue? Can you please check a few things for me?

1. what’s the status light of the base station? It should be solid blue. Try rebooting the base station if it’s not solid blue.
  2. Is there an SD card in the camera? Can you please send me the log files at ltan@wyze.com?
1 Like

Yes. There’s a blue light on the base. It’s firmware is on the new version. The cam won’t connect and there’s a faint yellow light. No SD cards installed.

Try this for the cam only.

Is it a solid or flashing yellow light? Was the camera on Travel Mode by any chance?
Can you please try pairing the camera with the base and see if that resolves your issue?

1 Like

I’ll check when I get home. Thanks.

1 Like

Solid yellow light on the cam and solid blue light on the base. It’s not in travel mode. How do I pair?

Push the button on the bottom: Or do as I posted about loading the firmware via an SD card. Good luck.

I manually flashed the cam with the current firmware and re-paired and it’s now working. Thanks to Antonius and WyzeLi for your help.

1 Like