Watch 47 fails to pair after firmware update

Another to add to the pile.

Received the watch yesterday, opened it, paired it fine, then it immediately firmware updated and bricked itself. I can get no response from Wyze customer service as well.

My replacement watch has shipped. I just checked the Wyze app and note that firmware 0.12.37 was released today. The release notes say:

• Fixed a bug that prevented Find My Phone from working during updating
  • Optimized weather data
  • Hid the cycle tracker app for people choosing a masculine body type during setup
  • Improved connectivity

Here’s hoping that the latest firmware allows a smooth update once the replacement watch arrives.
I’ll update when it gets here.

I got a response from support but nothing in 2 days, not good.

Trying to update to latest firmware but it never finishes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks for the info. I checked and luckily was connected. The firmware update popped up and is now going through the process. Hopefully it will apply successfully. Maybe this will do the trick.

Firmware update seems to have it connecting consistently.
Applying it was almost impossible, would get to 7% and fail.

I factory reset the watch, then removed the watch from the app. Uninstalled app on phone, then installed it, then setup the watch from scratch, shortly after it automatically pulled the firmware update.

0.12.37 is the new one on my watch.

Don’t really want to uninstall the app, does that kill all other wyze products?

I have cameras and a scale. When I uninstall and reinstall, my cameras and scale are still available and don’t require setting up again. That is my experience but others can chime in.

Yes, I believe all your device info is held in your account on the Wyze servers. I added the app to my Wife’s phone and logged in with my account and it populated everything including rules.

Got mine today… Updated fine so far… We will see what happens on this trip today… Good luck everyone.

I’m having trouble to get a barcode to appear. It is supposed to pop up, but never did, even after restarting and doing hard shutdown of the watch. There is a way, ostensibly, to sync it manually, but the video runs too quickly that runs on the watch to show how that can be done.

I found that the watch had been previously paired with another phone or another user when I went to the set up and the app. So I reset the watch. The reset is different from the video shown on the watch, but I figured it out. Once I did that, the barcode showed up and I was off to the races.

Having the same problem after the update. Now there’s nothing I can do because it is stuck at the bar code screen. Tried everything. I was so excited to use it.

UPDATE: My replacement watch arrived this afternoon.

• After fully charging and disconnecting the cable, the QR code appeared and the watch paired successfully.
  • It immediately launched into the firmware update which also completed successfully.
  • I then changed a few settings to my preference and added a watch face with a picture from my phone … also successfully.

I’ve also played with a few of the apps without issue.
Fingers crossed … I think I have a fully operational watch.
Now to see how long the battery lasts …

add me to the list of early adopters, worst part is my scale won’t connect either !

update killed my scale as well

So I finally figured out how to get my watch to upgrade firmware – do it while I was off wifi and just on cell data, took 10 min but it upgraded and now works great with newest firmware.