View pictures on PC?

In windows the SD card appears to be empty though I know there are recorded pictures.

How do I see the pictures on the PC?

Ralph

Did you check the properties of the SD Card. Put it in the PC, go to the drive example: e drive, right click it and check properties, it will show you how much information has been used and how much remains on the card. How do you know there are recorded pictures on it and what is the SD card from?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
It is a 32gb SD, 112KB Used 27.9 Free. I see the pictures in the App!

Ralph

112KB is about the size of a thumbnail picture, or it may be a different file on the card, it’s not much. Did you look at all the files on the card?

I’m starting to wonder whether the “pictures in the app” are the thumbnails associated with cloud recordings.

What are the settings you are using to record the pictures, and could you post a screenshot of what you’re seeing in the app?

I am sure the pictures are on you device you are using the app on. Check your gallery.

Edit, in live view and in playback, the “take photo” and “record” button save media to your device, not the sd card in the camera. If that’s how you saved the photos…

1 Like

Sounds as if you cracked the code. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I’ll look again just to see what’s there.

So I "should " be able to see the pictures on the PC?

Ralph

So how do you save to the sd card? I just got the camera and was playing around taking some pictures and a short video and did not have any idea how or where they might be stored.

Ralph

You should tell us which model camera you have. Most operate as Tony said, where the SD card only does continuous recording or motion detection recording or time lapse recording. Stuff taken interactively in the app goes to your phone storage.

Like @Customer said, what camera are you using? And you are placing the sd card in the camera, not your phone or device? What are you looking to save to the card? If you want footage saved to the card in the camera, check your local storage settings in “settings → advanced settings”. You can choose either event recording or continuous. These choices save footage to the sd card in the camera automatically. There is also “settings → event recording”, but this saves clips to the cloud and notifys you of such (ex: camplus is you have it, or the free 12 sec clips storage). Each of these are Independant of eachother, you can have one, both or neither at anytime. This applies to most Wyze cameras.

I believe you are using the manual take photo and record buttons, see image.

I’d you use either of these, it will save to your device that you are using the app on (phone, tablet). I view this media on my computer by syncing the folders that Wyze creates on my phone to my Google images. I just log in on my computer and after they magicly sync I can view my snapshots on my computer.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I will look at/change my settings.

Ralph

1 Like

I have a CAM V2 Model WYZEC2

Ralph

1 Like

Okay, so everything we said above applies. Good luck.

1 Like

I have V3 and I can share/send from I think it’s the SD card to my home computer or device. I run bluestacks on PC so I run the wyze app on PC and I save photos and videos to the PC. I’ve never had to remove the SD card from the cameras. I get up in the morning and watch the DEER walking down my sidewalk. Then my neighbor leave at 7:15am every morning.

I went into Settings, Found the “Record events only and Continuous recording” Selections (Continuous)

Turned on the Local recording to Micro SD card (On). Have not tested yet.

I see SD memory available 1.72 GB/1.74 GB I have a 32 GB SD card.

Is 1.74 GB all that I can use?

I installed Bluestacks on my PC and installed the WYZE App but the camera cannot connect.

I will try again.

Thanks again for the much needed help!

Ralph

Sounds as if you have the card formatted for 2GB. Sometimes people do that to flash firmware. You can reformat it and get all the space available.

I never selected a size for formatting.

Ralph

Was it a very cheap card? You may have been sent a fake card.

1 Like

With Bluestacks you are emulating a phone, so, when you save a pic or video it is saved to your PC the same wsy it would be saved to your phone.
These are not coming from the SD card.