View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I agree! Happy with the cameras but using the alternatives (VLC, Bluestacks, RTSP) is getting pretty old. I want to stick with Wyze but we really need a real multi-camera viewing desktop pc solution soon.

1 Like

I would like this feature too. The cam doesnt always catch people when they cross by it, which frankly sucks… And Id like to see a delete all feature on the android app(which is why im trying to view events on my computer). Not a delete 20 at a time until youve finally deleted months of recordings. Im a bit disappointing by the product and the app honestly.

Format the card (function available in the app) - that will delete everything.

Make sure you have the detection zones and sensitivity set properly. That may be the cause.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @avid_fire! After 14 days, Event Videos are deleted automatically from the cloud, and it isn’t necessary to delete them.

Cool Down Period

When a Sound or Motion triggers a 12-second Event Video there is a 5 minute cool down period. Sound and Motion are separate triggers. So if a sound triggers an Event Video it will have a 5-minute cooldown, but if something then triggers via motion, during that time period it will also trigger an Event Video. Then there will be a separate 5-minute cooldown period for another motion-triggered video.

Furthermore, Keep in mind these cameras are designed for indoor use only and using them outside will have some undesirable results. Although most of us do use them outside including myself which also voids the warranty.
On the other hand, the good news is, an outdoor camera is currently being tested and should be available hopefully by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Would love to be able to view my cameras from my PC

Honestly I’ve given up waiting. I’m ditching wyze.

Moving to a more sophisticated platform.

Wyze clearly doesn’t care about customers input.

It’s not hard to make a PC based version of what we can see in the app and they just don’t want to spend the money doing it to keep customers loyal and to bring in new clients.

1 Like

I know it feels that way but I doubt Wyze is sitting around saying ‘Let’s see how long it takes for our customers to abandon us’. :slight_smile:

Every customer has their own priority.
I’ve been waiting for a dark theme for the app and consistent font size throughout the app since my first Wyze cam in July 2018. Both seem pretty basic and not something that should have to be requested.

Right now Wyze’s priority seems to be the outdoor cam and fixing Android app bugs.
They are a fairly small company with limited resources. The rest of us will either wait or move on.

1 Like

I’m not really making excuses for Wyze.
I feel that I get my moneys wiorth out of the cameras and don’t expect much more.
When you expect nothing you can’t be disappointed. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I need more than Wyze will supply I’ll move to another product.

1 Like

Generally agree, can’t expect a Porsche for Ford pricing. They addressed the app problem I reported to them and our V2’s and iOS app been working fine. Yes, it would be nice to have computer or browser access, but I don’t recall that being advertised as a feature. So in my view, wyze delivered exactly what I expected based on the description. Customer service has actually far more than I expected.

Is there any app that will make show my iMac while I am working?
Thanks!
roboco65

No. That’s what this thread is about.

1 Like

Any update from the Wyze team on this? I see this thread has been open (and upvoted) for quite a while. I’d love to be able to view my 6 cameras on something larger than a 5.5" phone screen. -Thanks

1 Like

That is the last update about this from an official WYZE employee. I doubt there will be much info on this from them unless/until the topic changes from maybe-later to researching

2 Likes

I’ll settle for an app created by the Wyze team that is specifically for use on Windows 10.

Watching the up-vote count, and the fact that this issue is in “maybe-later”… I’ll be throwing this piece of garbage to the trash before it’s done.

By the way, I’m one of the users affected by the “small resistor (R65)”, so my SD Card is not an option for recording.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @gabpsy. Sorry to hear about your camera with the R65 issue. In case you weren’t aware of it, I would highly encourage you to go check out this topic.

1 Like

That’s too bad.
Don’t trash it - If you bought it from Wyze get a replacement from Wyze, they might ask for it back. Just document well that you know it’s the SD card. They sent one to me about a day after I contacted Support and complained. My camera was not in the range of numbers posted.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea! I just wrote my own post about the new macOS Catalina operating system. It’s actually quite easy for developers now to make the necessary changes for their apps to be compatible with the macOS Catalina operating system. I would very much love to see this implemented. And it’s really not that difficult. Apple is gone to great links to make it as simple as possible for developers. I can’t speak for PC but that would be great too :+1:t2:

Windows 10 Is Getting Built-In Support for Network Cameras

Cam Support

Interesting :slightly_smiling_face: