View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

not on Android, OSX

But Bluestacks emulates Android. Not sure how Bluestacks would handle hardware emulation, but you said it was not working in the same time with the phone app, which I presume meant it was lagging? So I said a recent change in the Wyze app took away hardware acceleration on Android.

So, after reading a few post - Wyze is NOT working on a PC app.
Really - you think naming a stupid conference room is more important than a PC app. What is the average age of the people in charge - 8 or 10 years old.

1 Like

I guess that would depend on interpretation, the last post I see by an official WYZE employee says it is still under discussion on how they would implement. My interpretation is it’s in the very early stages but still being worked on. They have not said no yet.

As I said earlier, I think the easiest way would be to port the mobile app to Mac at least on Mac OS, like the Spotify app, and it would be in the Mac App Store. Or they could even release an app not vetted by Apple and make it downloadable from their site. (Which is allowed on Mac and there are numerous compiler apps available to do this). The new macos that is coming out is supposed to allow easier porting of apps from iOS with minimal effort. There may be a new version of Swift that is released along with the new Mac OS Catalina that allows for easy porting to Mac.

Well, I’m the one working on the conference room name. You DEFINITELY don’t want me taking a stab at the programming for a computer viewing method. I assure you that no devs are being redirected to the room naming.

But yes, this is still in implementation discussion and isn’t something we are wanting to rush into because of all of the variables involved.

3 Likes

What’s the name of the conference room should we start a new thread on suggestions?

Please don’t! I’m going to be reading through everything today and selecting some with the team to put up for a community vote. :slight_smile:

Open documentation of the camera’s server-facing interface would suffice.

And the app-facing interface.

I don’t believe they want to just open that up to anyone

I say we should call the room “view on PC” to remind everyone of the one of the company goals whenever you have a meeting.

And in honor of this thread. All conference rooms should be named after wish list threads.

1 Like

Maybe since ispy is open source and does nearly all we are asking, you could save some of the dev effort and just create a fork - call it iWyze - if you provide it free then it shouldn’t create any conflicts with the license terms. As for the conf room - try wy-meet-at-all :wink:

Ahhh so much better :grin:

1 Like

Hopefully!
But if you’ve ever studied marketing, that’s basically code for it’s the 1st thing on the backburner :wink::wink:

I would think a relatively simple fix for this would be to write a “Windows” app, that goes on the windows store. Obviously that would leave the linux community out in the cold, not sure how iOs would work for that, but it would be a big help.

Apple has a Mac App Store. Microsoft actually got the idea for an App Store from Apple.

or just a simple webpage that can be accessed by any browser. I don’t know why one of the most requested features is “maybe later”. I think it would really increase the value of the cameras being able to access anywhere, on any device.

2 Likes