View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I can get on the site and see events but when I try to open live, They just all buffer. :frowning:

Very slow, but working for me. I started 4 cameras and they were all running after 30 secs or so. I typically find it works, but there are never any development updates or improvements. I have a horrible feeling we were used to generate extra review via Cam+ : there is zero excuse for not letting us know WTF is going on!

It’s a Beta, so this an example of where we assume they are looking at their own Beta forum? Why do we get NO answers? Please get a developer to look @UserCustomerGwen . Please just give us something to hang on to!

PC or web based version

When are you going to make a PC and/or web based version of the app?

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

I’ve found that the Wyze app works well in the Android Device Emulator included in the Android SDK. Details on how to set that up here:
Managing Virtual Devices with the Android Device Manager - .NET MAUI | Microsoft Docs
Note: Google Play Store images are available only for some base device types such as Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Nexus 5. This is indicated by the text (+ Store) in the image name.

You’ll need the Google Play Store option to install the Wyze app.

It’s not the same as a native app, of course, but better than nothing if you need to run the Android app on a PC, I’ve found that this approach works and performs better than alternatives like BlueStacks for Android emulation.

An even better option would be the Amazon Appstore (available via the Windows Store in Windows 11):

Once the Wyze app is available there, you’d be able to download and run it via Android emulation on a PC from the Amazon Appstore.

Sadly, there appears to be no Wyze app in the Amazon Appstore at this time.

2 Likes

Make viewable on PC

• :computer:* :eyes: Please make all cameras viewable on Windows PC.
1 Like

Yep. I keep saying that they need to perfect a few items, instead of half-assing 50 items. They would gain a better reputation. Right now I would never recommend Wyze to a friend.

2 Likes

Being as they won’t allow one word replies, I’ll just say DITTO!

Wouldn’t it be nice if they actually listened to their power users? We don’t want much; a decent App instead of the current mess. A web based version of the App (like Ring). Integration with things like SmartThings (not Matter). Focus on the forums for ten minutes - that should open their eyes.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this, just installed the Android Studio and created a Pixel 4, and so far no crashing of the Wyze app if I venture too deep into the App (as occurs under the Android for Windows 11 setup)

SJ

1 Like

LOVE having the Wyze Android App on my Desktop using the Android Device Emulator.

It was an absolute pleasure submitting a log for an issue, and actually typing much more info in the Details box in the ‘Submit a Log’ dialog box via a PC keyboard (as opposed to the Painful (for me) composing anything of substance (length) on my iPhone or Android phone keyboard.

I’m sitting in my home office 100% of the time that I need to submit a log, and having to do so via my iPhone or Android phone has always been an annoyance.

Love, Love, Love this emulation on my Windows 11 PC and the fact that the Wzye App appears to 100% functional here.

SJ

Best part - no notch!

So, SJ, I note no mention of your favorite L word?

The Word that shall not be spoken?

At least I haven’t been banned from the forums for my wrongthought

Perhaps I haven’t triggered the thoughtcrime threshhold yet.

SJ

Live stream doesn’t work anymore! They get you to buy cam pro to use it and then it quits working! Sucks! :frowning:

This is a Beta function, try again tomorrow. :slight_smile:

This is NOT Beta, this is barely Alpha! They lied to us. It has been this way since last November, so 7 months going on 8. Not one single bug fix or improvement. Not one! This is a very long time to be in so called Beta for what should be a relatively simple app. They are taking our money with the Cam Plus scam and giving us [Mod Edit] in return! I will NEVER buy another Wyze product. Some people need a decent way to view their cameras on a computer in addition to a phone. Almost all other security camera manufacturers offer a functional Windows/Mac/Linux application (not a crappy unsecured web page) in addition to the phone app. What good is this “web viewer” if 75% of the time the camera(s) are stuck or not loading? A joke!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I certainly can not afford it but, maybe it is time for someone to look into a Class Action lawsuit? At first this was funny but now it is serious. However, keep in mind that Amazon is involved with this also.

They got me for 8 Cam Plus just so I could see them on my computer. Worked for a while but now all it does is buffer. I have mentioned this problem many times, but not so much as an acknowledgment from them.

So the idea of using an Android emulator works perfectly for me. I used Blue something X and run the Wyze app which works so well.

Did you use Bluestacks? I tried them all, slows my PC’s to a crawl and then the Android emulator crashes. Windows 10 allegedly has some kind of emulator??? But I don’t have Windows 10. Need a solution that runs on all computers. Present Web View is NOT that solution. Wyze turned from a good idea to a scam. You should NOT have to PAY for ANYTHING to take part in a Beta study, any paid add-ons such as Cam Plus should be provided FREE for the duration of the Beta study. Where the v1 compatibility? Again, this is an Alpha study at best … or worst?

Yes BlueStacks X. Mine is so good, I may not use my Android tablet anymore.