View In Google Home App

It seems like it’s already possible and works with ALL cams except the doorbell!!

Reconnect your wyze account to google home app

Say either “Show CAM NAME” or “Turn on CAM NAME” via the mic button IN THE GOOGLE HOME APP.

I still want to see native https://home-assistant.io support. If they did that I’d fill my house with their ecosystem. I like their gear, hate their app and ecosystem and want to use my own. We should be able too

3 Likes

Weird how this was marked as “launched” … Relinked my wyze account 3 times and not showing… but unless you count as asking for it through the mic as launched then alright… definitely not good enough tbh, was hoping for the live view to show in the camera page…

1 Like

Welcome to the User Community @J_Unit!

Further integration w\ GH would be nice. However, I wouldn’t expect much more development on further integration into other ecosystems, assistants, or home automation control suites with Wyze focusing on participation in the Matter movement which is proposed to bring universal integration. Once developed, if successful, it will make individual compatibility and integrations a moot point.

The good thing about Matter is Google, Apple and SmartThings are currently all on board so going the Matter route will give us access to all of them.

4 Likes

Don’t leave out the market leader in Smart Home unifying platforms. Last year Amazon’s Alexa owned around 69% of the Home Automation Voice Assistant market share while Google only had 25% of the installed base, Apple had 5%, and Facebook had 1%,

It’s really about future return on current investment. Current devices will not be backward compatible with Matter. Their obsolescence and end of life outlook is being written as the Matter initiative progresses. It would be hard for me to invest resources and money into the enhancement of any product that won’t be compatible with the new standard.

In light of Matter being a reality in a relatively short time, my focus and money would be in the development of the next generation of devices compatible with Matter. The company who is first to market is going to have everyone chasing them from the start and it is a packed field on a very fast track.

I’ve been wrong before but I don’t see it going anywhere. As with every similar effort in the past, there will be subtle irritating differences, companies will do everything to distinguish themselves and lock in users, essentially no one will limit themselves to pure base level interoperable protocol features, and actual users will find themselves happy to stay within working single vendor ecosystems, as always.

Check back on this post in 3 to 4 years.

1 Like

Bookmarking it now for posterity. :rofl:

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised to see my Wyze streams in the Google home app tonight! I am using the beta home app though. Quick everyone go check!

What selection sequence did you use within the app to stream the Wyze cams?

I didn’t do anything special, just clicked on the camera under devices. I checked my wife’s phone and it’s not working for her. Mine still works. I have even added a Wyze Cam to my “Favorites” page. Seems to load every time. I should lalso mentioned this was on Wifi. I checked the home app on the way to work this AM and the Wyze streams timed out…

2 Likes

I too was pleasantly surprised yesterday when the Wyze Cams were available in the Favorites view of the Preview version of Google Home. Even loads (albeit a lot slower) the original Wyze doorbell. Came here to see if this was something done on Wyze’s end/Google or combination of both. Never thought this would come to be a reality, nice!

Ok… So here’s the $64 question… Am I supposed to see a Favorites tab? I have never had a favorites tab in my Google Home app on Android 11. Is that just a Beta feature? Reading online indicates it isn’t.

Perhaps that is why I haven’t been finding Google Home particularly useful?

Yes, the favorites option is only available in the beta app. It’s worth signing up for. The interface is a lot more intuitive

2 Likes

Thx! Put in the Public Preview request. We will see how long approval takes.

1 Like

Same! I’m in the Home app beta. This morning when I went into the app it switched back to the old style screen with all the devices listed but to my surprise I could view all my camera feeds.

I have been seeing here and on reddit that many have had their Wyze cams working natively in the cameras section on the GH app (preview). Is this a slow rollout? I cannot get mine to show. Anyone try a trick to get it to work for them?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @eaton.stace! :man_shrugging:

It appears that this capability, accessible in the “Favorites” menu, was only available in the Beta App… what Google calls the “Public Preview”.

I applied to be a part of the Public Preview in the settings, but have yet to receive a reply.

I received the Google Home public preview and now see the new interface (with Favorites tab) but the live feeds from my Wyze cams still won’t load. Has anyone got this working on iOS?

Your post prompted me to check the GH App. I also got into the Public Preview and just activated it. But, I am on the Android App.

I do not see the “Favorites” tab as posted in the screenshot above, however I can use the “Cameras” button now to show a live stream of every cam and I can select my cams from the device list and they will launch directly into live streaming now.

The load time, however, is painfully slow with a high failure rate.

The only cam I have that had issues is the V3Pro. Perhaps because of the 2K stream. In portrait, it is a small video image. In Landscape it works great. I was able to stream the PanV1, VDBv1, V3, V3Pro, PanV3, OGS and the OGT.