Video plays but cannot be downloaded

I will forward my thread with Oliver regarding this and my comments next . I cannot download any outdoor Wyze cam event to my phone , I can indoor and doorbell pro

Wyze Ticket 2511605

Thanks for the logs. I’m not able to repro this on my iPhone SE 2020, IOS 16.0.

What model and OS version do you have?

Also, what app and firmware version?

Thanks!

The downloaded videos from the WCO go to the phone picture/video album. The screen shot above is of the camera album. :upside_down_face:

Yes, but they are getting an error when hitting download. That’s not supposed to happen

That is why I got rid of cam plus on the 4 WCO I have one and a half years ago. They worked for 6 months until I added a new V3 to CP then I could not download from the 4 WCO. I worked with WYZE on the issue for 2 weeks, they couldn’t fix it. I sent them numerous videos and pictures. As soon as CP was removed from the cams I could download videos again. This was pre-CP Lite. I have a long post on that issue from a long time ago, probably removed by now. Good luck.

This was my issue post.

13 pro 16.1 IOS
2.38.0 (14) Wyze app
4.17.4.278 Cam firmware

That’s weird, I’m using cam plus and have never had this problem. Maybe it’s specific to an OS or something?

@WyzeDesmond can take a look at the logs and other info, thanks both of you for the details.

1 Like

Thank you for your email…I agree, frustration is Wyze support says to wait on engineers …strange all 3 of my outdoor cameras won’t download but house cams do with same internet and bars.

If anyway other than Iphone to download I’m ok, just need a work around .but when I need to provide the law enforcement videos and can’t my house or neighbors it’s not good . My sisters outdoor cams working and can download, I just checked her. If a setting I can change im more then happy to change, but so far no support

Barb

I have checked all locations of photos , it flat out saying it is failing

Sorry if you already said this, but have you tried downloading them from a diffrent device? Could you share the cam with your sister temporarily and see if they can download the events and then send them to you?

Will try that tomorrow…thank you for idea.

1 Like

You think it’s possible I have some setting turned on in my IOS that is preventing it from happening? I have looked at all the Wyze settings and all are turned on that can be . In fact my sister has same phone I do

Anyway will try from my iPad , my husband’s phone, maybe my laptop and my sisters but will she need to on my network or does that matter to download do you think.

I appreciate all your input , all Wyze is offering me is to wait until engineers can look at issue or buy a new camera. Again I have dealt with numerous Wyze chat reps since May on this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and gotten more info from you in 1 day.

Thank you

Barb

Go to settings, scroll down to the WYZE app, tap the arrow. Next to Photos it should say all photos.
I personally think it is a Cam Plus issue.

All were turned on , tried viewing from another device and still can’t download , even changed settings to auto on camera and created an event and won’t download to phone or iPad on the same network …I could blame it on internet settings but encountering the same issue on Century Link network at primary home in another state and Zona Wyyerd in this state .

I just turned off cam plus for this outdoor camera and created an event and still won’t download that new event to my device :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: or my other device .

I’m beyond frustrated. Has to be some setting somewhere or faulty outdoor cameras but that would be 3 bad outdoor cameras .

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

An update overnight now to the most recent version of IOS security fixes 16.1.1

It’s not the cameras. If your read my old post above you will see I had the same issue and finally gave up.
One more thing to try. You could take one cam off of Cam Plus, go to your account on the WYZE Web site and get one free version of Cam Plus Lite. Put it on the cam without the cam plus and try it out. I have CP lite on my 4 cameras, They do have a cooldown of 1 min and only record 12 videos but I can download them and they are backed up to the base station also. I also have some of the cams doing scheduled event recording to the SD in the cams, set for 30 days, no cooldown, max video duration set for 2 minutes each. If you don’t like it just put the Cam Plus back on the camera and wait to see if a fix can be made.

I was in the process of checking that same thing before you emailed and surprise surprise it worked and could download video :thinking::thinking::thinking:. Now I also shared the camera with my sister so hoping that has no affect on it …but I’m reverting my outdoor cameras in both locations to cam lite for now . I’m going to go back to Wyze with a log now explaining what I have done and why it is now working. I’m paying for Cam Plus unlimited because of all cameras but not getting what I’m paying for if they can’t resolve :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I appreciate all the help from you 2 on Wyze forum to at least get me a temporary fix !! Thank you. BUT this is something Wyze needs to fix !!!

Barb

Good luck. WYZE even sent me a different base station to try which was nice of them but it made no difference and was a pain to delete the old base and set up the 4 cams again. You are correct then need to fix it.