Video doorbell ongoing problem

Continuing the discussion from Video Doorbell ongoign problems - will not stay connected:

I’ve been experiencing the same thing with my WyE doorbell. I constantly have to restart it! I was so annoyed that the Wyze doorbell went offline AGAIN for the 3rd time last week. More importantly, it went offline when I needed it the most. I left for a 4 day vacation and found the doorbell offline again. I reconnected it before I left and was recording fine. I’m so tired of deleting and adding it. I’ve about given up with WYZE. I have a few of them. I did not install the flood light bec of the issues I’ve been getting with the doorbell. Can I still return it???

I was happy with my very first indoor Wyze camera but it went downhill after I bought an outdoor cam.

I’m looking into OTHER security cameras bec I don’t feel very secure with my doorbell and outdoor cameras.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @maribel.jose03

Which Doorbell are you having issues with? the V1 or the Pro?

Also:

• what version of the App are you using?
  • what is the Firmware version of the VDB?

Sometimes if your 2.4 Ghz network is congested the devices may go off-line. do you know how congested the channel you are using for your network? If not, that is ok there are things you can do to see.

There are a couple of things you could try to see if it helps:

1. Clear the Cache via the App. go to Account, App Settings the Clear Account. Then backout one menu and select logout. Resart your device and then log back in and see if that may help. Please note: When you clear the cache your camera thumbnails will be gone until you live stream again and if you use 2FA for logging in, make sure you have th einformation as well, including your password.

2. You could restart your Router which provides the IP addresses to your network. This will clear any issues you may be having with the router and establish a fresh communication path with the devices.

3 Likes